• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me Build the "PERFECT" SnoWest Snowmobile trailer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
The Trails West 5th wheel sled trailer is pretty slick. Not sure about the Burandt edition but the extra space in the trailer being a 5th wheel is pretty cool.
<script type="text/html" id="overlay_tmpl">
</script>

Looks like quite a few are putting batteries up in cabinets, looks clean and hides it but I'm curious about that kind of weight up high bouncing around while going down some rough roads. Any thoughts?

Looks like quite a few are putting batteries up in cabinets, looks clean and hides it but I'm curious about that kind of weight up high bouncing around while going down some rough roads. Any thoughts?
That was EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Of the bunch MISSION had the best battery placement.
Their's was in the floor and TOTALLY HIDDEN.
Didn't even realize it till someone pointed it out.
The floor cover panel was almost a PERFECT match to the rest of the floor.

I WOULD be concerned about the weight of a deep cycle battery in a cabinet..

Mission Inside Fender

Is the intent to park a sled with the ski on top of the fender or just to be able to run it in and out staying next to the wall in a straight line?

Is the intent to park a sled with the ski on top of the fender or just to be able to run it in and out staying next to the wall in a straight line?
Hard to say.
that would depend on your sled and what else is in your trailer.
Surely it should be plenty strong to park the sled on top of though.

Inside Fender Ramps

I have a 7.5' triple axle and the inside fender is of course long.

I've thought of doing this to gain some flexibility but of course the sled would be **** eyed in the trailer.

Has anyone got the Mission or another brand that actually tries to reclaim the fender lateral space by employing this methodology?

Thanks.

Put the batteries on the floor. My trailer has moduline overhead cabinets and I kept a bunch of tools in them and the "floor" of the cabinet wound up bending and getting messed up. Most overhead cabinets shouldn't have more than 30 lb or so put in them.

Put the batteries on the floor. My trailer has moduline overhead cabinets and I kept a bunch of tools in them and the "floor" of the cabinet wound up bending and getting messed up. Most overhead cabinets shouldn't have more than 30 lb or so put in them.
As I looked at all the trailers last weekend that had LEAD ACID BATTERIES in the cabinets I couldn't help but wonder HOW LONG they would hold up.

Seems like a LOT OF WEIGHT to be held in the cabinet and a LOT of torque being placed on those walls..

As I looked at all the trailers last weekend that had LEAD ACID BATTERIES in the cabinets I couldn't help but wonder HOW LONG they would hold up.

Seems like a LOT OF WEIGHT to be held in the cabinet and a LOT of torque being placed on those walls..

Best battery solution I have seen yet is 4 golf cart batteries mounted underneath the nose of the trailer .... they sit flush with the bottom of the frame rails and last a LONG time.

Anybody know if there is such thing as a deep cycle lithium ion battery?

Large Lithium is BIG BIG BUCKS!
And given that its in a trailer, is there any real reason to go that route.
You can afford both the WEIGHT and the SIZE of the Lead Acid batteries in the trailer.

I have a 7.5' triple axle and the inside fender is of course long.

I've thought of doing this to gain some flexibility but of course the sled would be **** eyed in the trailer.

Has anyone got the Mission or another brand that actually tries to reclaim the fender lateral space by employing this methodology?

Thanks.

I do this on my homemade 5th wheel trailer, seems to work fine. Been running it a few years now.

Premium Features

Back