• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me Build the "PERFECT" SnoWest Snowmobile trailer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Not sure this is to late now since you've already ordered . But We have done this to our trailers here. Its just some conveyor belt cut to size and aluminum strip with UHMW strips screwed down. It really helps keep the snow out of the hinge. We used to have to chip out the ice and sometimes the door wouldn't close because of so much build up.

Now 100% clean every time.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I changed my mind.

Can't explain it, but for reasons that elude me my two younger children have suddenly decided they want to take up snowmobiling with dad. This after YEARS of begging them to come riding with me.

So.
Called Mirage and changed the trailer to a 30' triple axle to give me a little more room to squeeze in another sled once in a while!

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
I changed my mind.

Can't explain it, but for reasons that elude me my two younger children have suddenly decided they want to take up snowmobiling with dad. This after YEARS of begging them to come riding with me.

So.
Called Mirage and changed the trailer to a 30' triple axle to give me a little more room to squeeze in another sled once in a while!

You didn't have to add on another axle. With the tandem axle you could still haul 6000lbs roughly. If you hauled say 6 Nytros at 700lbs, you would only be at 4200lbs. With the triple axle your wheel well will be longer and could pose a problem with the sleds in the middle. Just a thought.

Reactions: christopher

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
I changed my mind.

So.

Attaboy, I bought a 30 footer last year, you can never have enough room.

I spent an hour reading this thread the other night, very interesting.

Reactions: christopher

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I keep asking myself what I am getting into with this....
I have a nice LITTLE 16ft trailer.
Now there will be this monster behind my truck!:face-icon-small-sho

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For the next year it will live behind my V10 F250.
I am pretty comfortable that she will pull this trailer with ease.:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just doing my little part to support domestic oil production and help keep Americans employed during these troubling economic times

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I changed my mind.

So.

good call :)

that's awesome your kids are wanting to get it.

i know most places require 3 axles over 28. its not listed as an option on charmac website but i called and asked the question and they said if i upgraded to the 6k spread axles they could do it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
good call :)

that's awesome your kids are wanting to get it.

i know most places require 3 axles over 28. its not listed as an option on charmac website but i called and asked the question and they said if i upgraded to the 6k spread axles they could do it.
I admit it, I was DUMBFOUNDED when they told me.
I have tried and tried and tried to get them interested in hanging out with dad on Saturdays in the mountains to NO AVAIL. Then just out of nowhere they both come to me and tell me they want to start riding this year.
Its enough to get me to go buy another sled!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Now if my wife tells me she has decided to take up sledding, I will know I have DIED and GONE TO HEAVEN!!

I think the whole family is genuinely excited about this new Mirage Trailer.
Maybe I have underestimated the value of a "Warm Comfortable Place" to get ready for the ride and a place to power down after the ride???

Last edited:
Reactions: 801 and Scott

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I admit it, I was DUMBFOUNDED when they told me.
I have tried and tried and tried to get them interested in hanging out with dad on Saturdays in the mountains to NO AVAIL. Then just out of nowhere they both come to me and tell me they want to start riding this year.
Its enough to get me to go buy another sled!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Now if my wife tells me she has decided to take up sledding, I will know I have DIED and GONE TO HEAVEN!!

Maybe I have underestimated the value of a "Warm Comfortable Place" to get ready for the ride and a place to power down after the ride???

NO MATTER WHAT...when getting the women and children into sledding, it will NOT be successful if they are not warm, dry and comfortable.

Always remember WET = COLD

Reactions: SLDHVN

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID

last season i took my 8 yr old out with my buddies 7 and 6 year olds. we had the heater cranked up in the trailer so the kids could ride for a few then come in and warm up. it was great! they rode for substantially longer than they would have other wise.

looking forward to doing it again this year with an even better set-up.

any lead time yet? lines still looking like middle of January :(

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
last season i took my 8 yr old out with my buddies 7 and 6 year olds. we had the heater cranked up in the trailer so the kids could ride for a few then come in and warm up. it was great! they rode for substantially longer than they would have other wise.

looking forward to doing it again this year with an even better set-up.

any lead time yet? lines still looking like middle of January
:(
The fact that I like to ride LONG days probably doesn't help my cause very much. If there is fuel in the tank...

No ETA as yet.
Not even so much as a hint.
I am waiting patiently.

Premium Features