• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
Where to start, been riding for 15 years. Have owned Ski-Doo, Cat and Polaris. Have bent, mangled and or sunk Ski-Doo's, Cat's and Polaris's. Last year rode M6, RMK 700 and Summit 800. All 3 sleds took me all over the mountain. Some just take a little or effort than others. Did manage to tear the pipe off the RMK in a midair collision with a tree. Rode it for 2 more days with duct tape and wire (sounded better) It's not the sled, think back 15 years, heavy summit 670's with 136 tracks still went all over. It's the rider

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
where to start!!!!! there are 6 of use that ride all over the NW and at any given time one of use can out ride the other some on doo some on poo.
and we all go there to gether if the sleds will take us there. We all have riden all brands over many many yrs. There is a diffrence in sleds and how they perform, if they are set up with the same mods. When you trade sleds and the same one keeps coming out on top it is not the rider. In a lot of cases for a lot of riders it is them and not the sled.

Last edited:

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
where to start!!!!! there are 6 of use that ride all over the NW and at any given time one of use can out ride the other some on doo some on poo.
and we all go there to gether if the sleds will take us there. We all have riden all brands over many many yrs. There is a diffrence in sleds and how they perform, if they are set up with the same mods. When you trade sleds and the same one keeps coming out on top it is not the rider. In a lot of cases for a lot of riders it is them and not the sled.
I'm going to get drunk and reread this to see if it makes any sense.:beer;:beer;:beer;

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
seen it many times. also seen an xp outclimb a dragon many times too.

Hey, could we be on to somthing ? You can't tell me you saw a dragon beating an xp. I never seen it any other way ... If you seen it any different there must be somthing wrong :eek:

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Where to start, been riding for 15 years. Have owned Ski-Doo, Cat and Polaris. Have bent, mangled and or sunk Ski-Doo's, Cat's and Polaris's. Last year rode M6, RMK 700 and Summit 800. All 3 sleds took me all over the mountain. Some just take a little or effort than others. Did manage to tear the pipe off the RMK in a midair collision with a tree. Rode it for 2 more days with duct tape and wire (sounded better) It's not the sled, think back 15 years, heavy summit 670's with 136 tracks still went all over. It's the rider

Yes, the rider is definitely a very important element. On the other hand, your example sled, the 15 year old 670 with 136, will not even remotely take you places the new sleds will. No bash.

Sam

Last edited:

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
Yes, the rider is definitely a very important element. On the other hand, your example sled, the 15 year old 670 with 136, will not even remotely take you places the new sleds will. No bash.

Sam

Rider for rider that's true but i've seen some 670's put in spots that a lot of new sleds dare not go because of the riders skirts getting caught in their faces. The willamson boys took those old tanks they had up a lot of places in their a little crazy in tony grove video, that to this day I can't get my buddies to follow me up those spots. Rider or sled I'd say both, but I dare not bash those old tanks, in there days they had a high fun factor

E
Nov 21, 2008
[QUOTE slayes Dragons.....
BUT NOT REVS!!! :D:beer;
100_4374.jpg

REALLY, Hey TT I guess we will have to find out lol:beer;[/QUOTE]

hey, check it out, another ski doo pushing a polaris.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Anyone that thinks an xp doesnt handle needs to take their wifes/girlfriends panties off and learn to f@cking ride. Anybody, and i mean anybody that thinks an XP doesnt murder any other stock sled needs to come for a tree ride with myself and a couple buddies.

Learn to ride. The dragon and the M feel better to some people because they have not learned how to make the latest technology work. Learn it, its wayyyy more fun

As for the XP being weak, I contest this. I broke a dragon last year by clipping a rock goin threw a creek. Mangled front end was the result. I ran my XP into big rock, clipped trees and straight up took another tree out with NO FAILURE. If you break an XP, its your fault, not the sleds. Again, learn to ride.:)

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar bc
Anyone that thinks an xp doesnt handle needs to take their wifes/girlfriends panties off and learn to f@cking ride. Anybody, and i mean anybody that thinks an XP doesnt murder any other stock sled needs to come for a tree ride with myself and a couple buddies.

Learn to ride. The dragon and the M feel better to some people because they have not learned how to make the latest technology work. Learn it, its wayyyy more fun

As for the XP being weak, I contest this. I broke a dragon last year by clipping a rock goin threw a creek. Mangled front end was the result. I ran my XP into big rock, clipped trees and straight up took another tree out with NO FAILURE. If you break an XP, its your fault, not the sleds. Again, learn to ride.:)

What he said........

Way more fun when you learn how to ride one!

Chaz

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA

I want to ride with triple 7, he sounds fun :D

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah

Can you say anger management, props to you cause that's way funny, again I think it's the rider, all three sleds are awesome. Oh and tiple7 the thong goes on the other way, that might help the aggressive tendency.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
That's it I'm going to setle this problem for good. Let's go riding, wait there no snow, why else are we all on our computers on a Saturday morning. I hope it snows by Turkey Day

Teamdog

Premium Member
I have only been riding for 3 seasons now and when I started I was told to but a Rev 800X. The sled was way more than I could ride but as time went on I started to get the feel for it and slowly caught up to the sleds performance to maybe 60% of what it could deliver.
I then traded my 05 for and 06 159X and that sled was much better than the 05 151. We added Holtz suspension front and rear as well as a re gear. The sled would out climb any other 800 sled around. Not with me on board but with a rider that could handle all the sled could deliver. I then sold that sled about 2 hours after I put out the word that it was for sale.
That sled was described as a freak of nature to this day no 800 sled will out climb it that I am aware of.
I then bought an XP 163.... what a big dissapointment finally a sled that I was now able to demand more than it could deliver.
We have changed the clutching to DJ's set up and re geared it, had the hand warmers fixed and the driveshaft replaced. It now works really good but I doubt it will keep up to the 06 I had.

I really think that most of the riders that I see are like me, They cannot ride good enough to extract what the new stock sleds will deliver once they are set up.

The good riders do things with a sled that most of us can only dream about doing. Great riders make good sleds look great.

The guys I ride with are all really good riders and I appreciate them letting me come along. They have taught me well and I'm OK but still the weak link....lets start a new guy this year.

Later....

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah

Damn this guy must be a great rider. I can't believe that he isn’t in videos. Maybe you should give lessons.

Can you say anger management, props to you cause that's way funny, again I think it's the rider, all three sleds are awesome. Oh and tiple7 the thong goes on the other way, that might help the aggressive tendency.

LMAO Thats funny $hit!

Premium Features