• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
D
Nov 27, 2007

DSlayer , you have to tell the WHOLE story ....I ran out of gas and had been dooing circles around you all day..:eek:
Frankdoingcirclesaroundthecompetiti.jpg

I said Pardon:D:beer;

D
Nov 27, 2007
Here's a shot from my 06 Rev on the top looking at the under carriage of last years D8. Funniest part was when my wife blew over the top on her 07 D7. But it does have more mods.
She's the one at the bottom laughing.
Picture020-4.jpg

Nice pic lol That should also be in Rider VS Snowmobile:D At least it will be easy to start after;)

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
the Doo chassis placement and funability sux bad.....did not like the sled at all.

B

You might want to get used to it. It's the wave of the future! Everybody said the same thing in 04 when the Rev came out, including me. 3 or 4 years later, every manufacture has gone rider forward. There all just a few years behind Doo right now. After you ride an XP for a few days, and get used to it, everything else just seems old, and outdated. Going from the XP to a Dragon is like going from a Dragon to the Edge chassis. I've rode all of them, and could get used to any of them, but as far as technolagy goes, the XP is way ahead. Again, that's JMO!

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
You might want to get used to it. It's the wave of the future! Everybody said the same thing in 04 when the Rev came out, including me. 3 or 4 years later, every manufacture has gone rider forward. There all just a few years behind Doo right now. After you ride an XP for a few days, and get used to it, everything else just seems old, and outdated. Going from the XP to a Dragon is like going from a Dragon to the Edge chassis. I've rode all of them, and could get used to any of them, but as far as technolagy goes, the XP is way ahead. Again, that's JMO!

Ahead of it's time like a aluminum can..... ready to be recycled :D

B
Sep 16, 2008
Preference comes down to personal style. My buddy and I both snowchecked Summit XP-146 800R's last year. He's always been a DOO guy, I 've been an AC,ProX,Fusion,Switchback,Dragon (07D7x136) kind of guy. He loves his sled, I hated mine. Twisted nun at 75 miles, and never got used to the balance and more importantly the erratic throttle responce (both on and off). At 265 miles, traded it (with the forever warranty) for an 08D7x155. Loved the balance. I can switch between the 136 and 155 with little adaption if any. And the Dragon competes favoribly with the XP 146. The minimal highmarking achieved by the 146, if any, is atributed to the rider abilities in our case.

Bottom line, they are both great machines. My buddy likes the XP, I like my Dragon. I've thought about the Assault. But is it more like the Summit or Dragon? Sorry, that could becomea highjack!

Last edited:
I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
I agree. No matter how great a climber a sled might be if you dont feel comfortable on that sled it might as well be a short track your climbing with:eek: Every one is different in how they ride somewhat and it may take awhile for you to find that "perfect sled". If you know how to ride that polaris than you can probably high mark that Doo all day and vice-versa. its all about how you can become a part of that sled and be able to ride with finess.:cool:

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar bc
About the m1000 comment.

I still have yet to see a 1000 cat STOCK, go like 1000 should. I bought my xp off a guy who bought a 1000 also and ended up selling the xp. He was on the fence and the cat looked great too. Both were for sale but i chose the xp, thankfully. I just sold my kk900 so i was favouring the cat. Just had great luck with the wifes 600 sdi summit.

After talking to him through the season he is very disapointed. Has alot of extras including the slp full exhaust system, boondocker, nos, head, and a bunch of other bolt on goodies. His comment is it doesnt go 20% better the the 800's like it should, stock.

I think i will be seeing him on an xp this year.

Chaz

Premium Features