• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon VS XP

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
hmmm, the only XP's i saw last year were runnin around on the hardpack all day(prolly worried about blowin a belt or somethin), and the guys i ride with that ride dragons well they just sat at the bottom of the hills talking about how good there sleds could climb....besides a johndeere liquifire could himark either of them cuz you know "nothin runs like a deer";):beer;

Last edited:
G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
all I can say is at least they take care of there own this time

Xphell2.jpg

100_4374.jpg

REALLY, Hey TT I guess we will have to find out lol:beer;

DSlayer , you have to tell the WHOLE story ....I ran out of gas and had been dooing circles around you all day..:eek:

Thanks for the pull back to the truck though. Nice to see the polaris gets great fuel milage.

:D:beer;:beer;[/quote]

My skidoodle always ran out before anything and everything else....you think with the even higher gas prices in Canada they would be good on gas?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
DSlayer , you have to tell the WHOLE story ....I ran out of gas and had been dooing circles around you all day..:eek:

Thanks for the pull back to the truck though. Nice to see the polaris gets great fuel milage.

:D:beer;:beer;

My skidoodle always ran out before anything and everything else....you think with the even higher gas prices in Canada they would be good on gas?

what? i thought doo had the best mileage, what happend to the 20mpgs they're claimin?

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2007

Circles Eh TT hahahahahaahah

And yes I know about the gas:beer;:D

D
Nov 26, 2007
north idaho
xp

I,v seen enough of the xp 163 to say that there are very few semi-stock sleds that will beat it hillclimbing. I like the dragon chassis(rode the 700 163 a good bit) but the xp is a climbing machine. Are they the most relliable? No. Most fun?maybe for some, a little unpredictable sidehilling I found. Tough? probably not as tough as my cat which has pinballed off plenty of not so small trees. my choice would probably be the dragon for one reason- the 800r, it's strong, but way to many of them are time bombs it seems. hopefully the Pol. 800 crank problems are gone(it is a whole new moter,right?) my .02

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
well all last year i never once saw a stock Dragon out climb a stock XP:eek:. Maby this next seasons models with the improved rear skid and other improvements made they will be able to take the hill again. Im planning on either the Dragon or Assault this year because there an all around better sled, but i saw some pretty impressive marks set by XP's last year.....:cool:

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
another opinion lol

well let me add another opinion!
I dont like Doo, i dont like Poo, I figure why buy the worst customer service ever recorded in snowmobile history (Poo) and as for Doo...worst engine reliability out there. if you have 2000 miles on your Doo, I would just replace it completely, it would save yourself alot of anguish.
Besides, Cat and Yamaha makes sleds, no need to buy the other two!!
I ride with buddies with both of course and I have ridden both, the Doo chassis placement and funability sux bad.....did not like the sled at all.
Dragon, felt more like my M and yammi chassis, move your head and it falls over certainly EASIER to ride by a landslide!
both were stock and not near as much fun as my m1000 (stock as well)
just another opinion for u all.....but then again like an ***hole everyones got one
in the end we are all ridin, climbin, havin fun and hangin with buds, thats what matters!

B

D
Nov 27, 2007
in the end we are all ridin, climbin, havin fun and hangin with buds, thats what matters!

B

Well said, and you can add to that someone that will get you back to the truck or chalet, hey TT:beer;:D I think its more important how well they know an area rather than what they ride... my .02

Premium Features