• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

summitking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lumby
timber_tramp not going to be able to make it to the chalet this time have a bbq i have to go to, but im planning on going up next weekend so if you guys dont get the stove up let me know ill get it up there

D
Sep 10, 2008
it doesnt matter what sled you have its the rider that controls it.

i have a 08 xp and i twisted the front end good last year hit a rock and stopped dead in its tracks

my 05 m7 that i sold for an xp i bent the hell out of the tunnel jumping a jump i built over my driveway

polaris i have never owned but family has. we have bent trailing arms and few other misc parts. but we have stepped up difficulty since then

yamaha no experience

Any ways all good just pick a dam sled and deal with there little flaws.

And remember there is always someone out there that can do better at certain things than you.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
I just hope I don't get one of those sleds that's better at breaking under normal use (not abuse). 30 or 40 miles away in the back country, no big deal, buy what ever you want. Don't go off what others are saying.

Wonder how many rider controlled shafts broke last year to warrant a RECALL?
I've bent trailing arms too. But guess what. I hit something. HELLO
Believe me, Ive owned them all from 05 900 that vibrate to 800 Revs with bad cranks. Wasn't my riding style that made them bad sleds.

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
it doesnt matter what sled you have its the rider that controls it.

i have a 08 xp and i twisted the front end good last year hit a rock and stopped dead in its tracks

my 05 m7 that i sold for an xp i bent the hell out of the tunnel jumping a jump i built over my driveway

polaris i have never owned but family has. we have bent trailing arms and few other misc parts. but we have stepped up difficulty since then

yamaha no experience

Any ways all good just pick a dam sled and deal with there little flaws.

And remember there is always someone out there that can do better at certain things than you.

The problem is that some have many many more flaws than others. I cant count how many skidoos ive seen with bent tunnels cause they hit a tree with the a-arm... hmmm last time I checked it should just bend the a-arm not the whole sled, but thats what you get when you get light weight "flaws". to many corners being cut just to get the highmark. Rider ability is does not effect bent tunnels, blown belts, non working hand warmers, and holes in your side panels from its own clutch...hmmm... yeah, its all rider when it comes to reliabilty and performance.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
My stockish XP 163 out climbed two Dragon 800 long tracks last year.....but who really cares (not me), the newer poo sleds are nimble and very easy to ride, the XP needs some balance talent, the drive shaft issue has been recalled----its done as is the 07 800R crank issue, old issues that get fixed never die on a leg licker forum

At the end of the day, the XP is way easy to get unstuck.....that can bring a huge smile to anyones face:)

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
these threads are a waste of space! everyone just shut up and ride what you want! if you like cats, polaris, doo, or yammy, they all have ups and downs. every sled these days have phenominal preformance and will get you up most hills you need to climb. as soon as you start adding aftermarket parts its no longer the same argument, if you guys want to b!tch about the best sled to mod then do so. but stop the mines bigger and better sh!*. go ride with your friends get drunk and have a good time while the snow flys. IMO!

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
This is funny poo guys for the doo guys. But it sucks because it has happened to me. Im a poo guy all the way. 08 dragon and loved it so much snowchecked an 09. Slp kit, pipe clutch, box on both they are a little closer match than the doo guys say, depends on the day snow condish. but more often the doo does come out on top. But there is the issue of the handleing My op. is that the poo handles so much essier that it is not even funny and that is the only reason why I still stay with the poo.

Last edited:
T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
This is funny poo guys for the doo guys. But it sucks because it has happened to me. Im a poo guy all the way. 08 dragon and loved it so much snowchecked an 09. Slp kit, pipe clutch, box on both they are a little closer match than the doo guys say, depends on the day snow condish. but more often the doo does come out on top. But there is the issue of the handleing My op. is that the poo handles so much essier that it is not even funny and that is the only reson why I still stay with the poo.
The only reason, If doo came out on top more often, that would be nice.

I would buy one, there cheaper...

Premium Features