• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
A black one parked along side me this weekend, coolest station wagon I've ever seen besides a Nomad.

1698860667519.jpeg

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
What qualifies it as a station wagon vs 4 door coupe?
Not seeing the long window for third row and trunk for kids under age 20.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Forktrucks - I call the 3 forklifts I have and the 8+ others that I've found for friends' "forklifts", maybe a fork lift, but not a forktruck - maybe it's a regional thing or just semantics. Anyways, I'm familiar and totally agree that NOBODY converts an internal combustion engine forklift to electric, they come from the factory that way and are plentiful. Agree too that electric forklifts are way more popular than ICE for indoor use where managers would prefer to not harm or kill off their employees with carbon monoxide poisoning. Electric is the only way to go too around food handling - gee why does my cheese taste like diesel exhaust? - said no-one ever!

I rewatched the short video and it seemed to mostly address the use of LARGE batteries and electrical energy needed to recharge those size batteries to power Over the Road Semi-Trucks / "18 wheelers" / or Class 8 size trucks.

View attachment 410747

Is that still "Fake news"?

OK, so you have edited the vid to delete anything that YOU KNOW is complete BS.
But knowing that he spewed 1/2 the vid of BS, you still are giving him the benefit of the doubt that the rest is true?

I really don't know how much it takes to charge a semi.
There does not seem to be much info on that out there currently.
Yes, I know what a Class 8 truck is, and yes I have my CDL.

OK, so we have a fella that is supposedly witnessing to some board somewhere (Congress?) about the ridiculousness of this subject, yet he is "friends" with someone that was looking to put in 30 electric trucks? Seems odd bedfellows eh?

Anyway, the thought that someone would invest in electric trucks, knowing that his light bill will be more than the whole rest of the "city"?
Now, they are showing you a MAJOR city in the vid, but they don't say exactly where, so - we could say that the 30 truck facility was to go into a wide-spot-in-the-road village that may or may not even have it's own zip code, then ... maybe, but that is not what they are presenting.

This is just more BS that Q followers throw up agginst the wall, seein' if anyone calls BS and worshes it off.
Well, I call BS.

Any amount of logic tells you that the vid part that you left there is WAY over exaggerated, and we both agree that the we both know the other part that you edited out is complete BS as well.
So what part of this doo you think is believable?
And how can you give any amount of credence to part of a speach when you know darn well that the other part is BS?
And then come back here and defend it?

• Haha
Reactions: leisureexpress

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
How and when was the instagram video edited? Same vid about heavy haulers I saw the first time with only a brief mention of forklifts.
Can’t speak to accuracy,

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
OK, so you have edited the vid to delete anything that YOU KNOW is complete BS.
But knowing that he spewed 1/2 the vid of BS, you still are giving him the benefit of the doubt that the rest is true?

I really don't know how much it takes to charge a semi.
There does not seem to be much info on that out there currently.
Yes, I know what a Class 8 truck is, and yes I have my CDL.

OK, so we have a fella that is supposedly witnessing to some board somewhere (Congress?) about the ridiculousness of this subject, yet he is "friends" with someone that was looking to put in 30 electric trucks? Seems odd bedfellows eh?

Anyway, the thought that someone would invest in electric trucks, knowing that his light bill will be more than the whole rest of the "city"?
Now, they are showing you a MAJOR city in the vid, but they don't say exactly where, so - we could say that the 30 truck facility was to go into a wide-spot-in-the-road village that may or may not even have it's own zip code, then ... maybe, but that is not what they are presenting.

This is just more BS that Q followers throw up agginst the wall, seein' if anyone calls BS and worshes it off.
Well, I call BS.

Any amount of logic tells you that the vid part that you left there is WAY over exaggerated, and we both agree that the we both know the other part that you edited out is complete BS as well.
So what part of this doo you think is believable?
And how can you give any amount of credence to part of a speach when you know darn well that the other part is BS?
And then come back here and defend it?

Ha!

LMAO, If the video was edited, it sure as hell wasn't by me. Fact.

Q follower, another LMAO - I question EVERYTHING that is put out there for public consumption and about the first thing I try to rationalize is "Who Profits?", "Who gains power from this?", "Who is the fear target?" etc

Most of your post after understanding those points has little or no credibility to me, and I'm OK with that. Glad you have your CDL though!

On a scale from 1-10, I think the likelihood that this Climate Change doomsday hysteria is a political hoax is somewhere between a 9 and 10.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
You lied that he edited video……

I agree, I did ... but it was by mistake, and actually I just came back and was going to quote your last post - to say that I just realized that.
I was thinking that they spent a bit more time on the fork(lift) subject, but I guess it's the same.

I have two 15K# rental fork[lift]s coming in tomorrow, to spend the weekend.
I am really hoping that they are both ICE!

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The question as to why would a business do this? Easy the Biden administration is handing out money faster then they can print and businesses are doing it because the government is giving unsustainable kick backs.

You could save up to $15,000 on a 2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT® with $7,500 in Retail Customer Cash*, plus $7,500 in potential federal tax credit for eligible buyers (not all customers qualify).​

The PRO starts at $ 50,000, 240 Standard-Range Battery and Rear Wheel Drive.

The Platinum starts at $ 92,000, 300 with available Ext. Range Battery Rear Wheel Drive

There is becoming a big backlash for those that bought into this. Towing anything over a jet ski kills the batteries.

Anyone got that print out for an EV battery replacement for a car???

Wait, I just came up with a logical explanation to the comparison of an EV Hummer to a 3500 diesel dually.

The heavier one has better traction.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
On another forum - there is an EV truck thread, and the slightest jag on the hitch results in huge changes in range.
Way more than one would think it seems.
I don't understand why.

On the other hand, the thought of driving off of a battery in 0*F just doesn't logic out too well either.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
On another forum - there is an EV truck thread, and the slightest jag on the hitch results in huge changes in range.
Way more than one would think it seems.
I don't understand why.

On the other hand, the thought of driving off of a battery in 0*F just doesn't logic out too well either.

If rechargeable hand tools become hot what is happening to these when your on the throttle?

There's a transition that needs to take place, these vehicles are doomed as of now.

The corners they have cut on regular vehicles can't be done with this technology. It has to be the best of everything silver instead of nickel or copper just for starters.

Sub zero weather for any period of time and you ain't going anywhere.

Wait till people freeze to death in one.

Reactions: stum1967

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
I'm not defending electric trucks in no way, but I have no use for way over exaggerating, or just plain lying about the facts either.
But then when you say "I really don't know how much it takes to charge (two 8000 lb batteries) in a semi."

Do you see that you freely admit to the not understanding the technological details of the video and yet dismiss it as being fake news. Reality check light bulb getting brighter....

I post this stuff to be thought provoking, but if you want to refute, bring something to the discussion for FS, and rather than do that or any further research you say "fake news"

You dismiss it as "FAKE NEWS" and you, yourself don't know WTF you are talking about! Show me the F'n numbers to back up your position!

I gather you are a farmer, as are most of my solid friends. Maybe my farmer friends have got their spectrum of knowledge grounded in reality better than you.

And bringing in two 15k forklifts to get stuff done indirectly tells me that you are on the right side of all of this, but there is "room" too...

That in totality said, see how division amongst otherwise like-minded people works?

Last edited:

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Ah
The shaggin wagon memories, before I knew what shaggin was.
Heluva effort to spin cookies but so worth it to the ten guys in the back.
Rodeo grounds after a 4” snowstorm was always a good time.

• Love

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That in totality said, see how division amongst otherwise like-minded people works?

This is cornerstone of all bidden policy. And sadly it's working.

I just hope every single person that 'voted against Trump' is aware that this mess is on them. If you are one of them, I understand that's hard to hear, but it's so true.

Premium Features