• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
1698307197508.jpeg
500 tonnes
  • Considering it on a per person, per mile basis can mask the enormity of aircraft emissions, though—a Jumbo Jet can burn over two hundred thousand litres of fuel in a trip, emitting the equivalent of over five hundred tonnes of carbon dioxide.

• Wow
Reactions: stum1967

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Some people call that a vacation because it's cheap.

Dress like the locals, don't make eye contact and don't speak.

Paid for guards are suppose to protect tourism areas.

To some that doesn't raise a red flag that there is something seriously wrong.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
How so?

Care to elaborate?

Nobody "converts" forktrucks to electric.
They start life that way.
They have been gaining popularity since the 80's.
They are very good for high use / indoor applications - like material handling on assembly lines, and truck dock use.

My guess is that there are more (maybe a lot more?) <5000# capacity trucks sold new as electric than ICE.
And has likely been that way for 15 years.

And seriously, the amount of hydro to charge any of the things that he said?
Seriously, just think about it for 1/2 a second....

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Nobody "converts" forktrucks to electric.
They start life that way.
They have been gaining popularity since the 80's.
They are very good for high use / indoor applications - like material handling on assembly lines, and truck dock use.

My guess is that there are more (maybe a lot more?) <5000# capacity trucks sold new as electric than ICE.
And has likely been that way for 15 years.

And seriously, the amount of hydro to charge any of the things that he said?
Seriously, just think about it for 1/2 a second....

Forktrucks - I call the 3 forklifts I have and the 8+ others that I've found for friends' "forklifts", maybe a fork lift, but not a forktruck - maybe it's a regional thing or just semantics. Anyways, I'm familiar and totally agree that NOBODY converts an internal combustion engine forklift to electric, they come from the factory that way and are plentiful. Agree too that electric forklifts are way more popular than ICE for indoor use where managers would prefer to not harm or kill off their employees with carbon monoxide poisoning. Electric is the only way to go too around food handling - gee why does my cheese taste like diesel exhaust? - said no-one ever!

I rewatched the short video and it seemed to mostly address the use of LARGE batteries and electrical energy needed to recharge those size batteries to power Over the Road Semi-Trucks / "18 wheelers" / or Class 8 size trucks.

1698849061724.png

Is that still "Fake news"?

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
4.5 tons

1698858936884.jpeg

3.595 tons

1698859121847.jpeg

One of these fails in so many ways.

I'm seriously trying to think of one good thing that one has over the other , nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: leisureexpress
Premium Features