• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Freaking out the sheep for some reason.

Anhydrous ammonia (NH3) is the foundation for all nitrogen (N) fertilizers.

1696358512473.jpeg

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Freaking out the sheep for some reason.

Anhydrous ammonia (NH3) is the foundation for all nitrogen (N) fertilizers.

View attachment 409507

Guessing that you have not ever worked with or near anhydrous, but by far - the biggest danger is if it leaks, to anyone or anything breathing air. This stuff will burn your lungs if you are downwind.

Back-in-the-day, it was common to transfer from a nurse tank onto an on-board tank on the applicator unit it'self, in stead of the pull-behind that you see today.
You didn't want to be downwind of that transfer process.

We had a tank apparently come loose from the truck next section over recently. Burnt all vegetation in the area.

I doubt that it has much, if any, long term issues to the surrounding land other than the burn at release.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Rarely seen around here anymore.
Have several old tanks carrying diesel or propane now from the days it was used commonly.

Reactions: Hawkster

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I have a simple philosophy, if it's man made it's not healthy.

Got a story for ya, I grew up on a farm, Harvest season was good money for those willing to work on the harvesters.

My uncle worked the majority of his life in those fields. After supper he would like to sit on the porch and have a cigarette or two, smoked like a chimney.
He would stink like anhydrous so bad that today I could get a whiff and know exactly what it is.
He played a game with me to see who could count the most satellites, of course he would win. Quite amazing how many of those things could be seen 50 some years ago.
One time I watched a mosquito land on his arm and he was watching me while puffing on that smoke. The mosquito no sooner drilled into him and it just fell over dead, I **** you not. He was bathed in that crap because they get off the tractor and just unplug a plugged nozzle.
He was born in 1924, passed away in 2023, I sat front and center and smiled, that was a great day :)

The Immigration Act of 1924, or Johnson–Reed Act, including the Asian Exclusion Act and National Origins Act (Pub. L.Tooltip Public Law (United States) 68–139, 43 Stat. 153, enacted May 26, 1924), was a federal law that prevented immigration from Asia and set quotas on the number of immigrants from Eastern and Southern Europe.[1][2] It also authorized the creation of the country's first formal border control service, the U.S. Border Patrol, and established a "consular control system" that allowed entry only to those who first obtained a visa from a U.S. consulate abroad.

I get what your saying also, and what we don't know won't hurt us, ask a farmer.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Beast, 6.6 Diesel Isuzu/Dirtymax, 8 miles to the gallon, top speed of 60 mph in 15 seconds, Pathetic
1696531333136.jpeg

Aurus, Porsche 4.4 liter, 600Hp and 649lb-ft, 62 mph in 6 seconds, WTF
1696532207319.jpeg

Not quite apples to apples but with the Aurus new 12 cylinder Porsche and Bosch not mentioned above I think you can figure the rest out.

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I’m 47, my only memory is a pic of a gpa who passed before my birth standing by his applicator and a bunch of trailers and such I built out of retired rigs in hs.

Reactions: Ox

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
OH, IDK .. maybe ....

Years ago we stopped and talked to a fella that was sett'n marten traps. (North Ontario)
On the back of his 4wheeler he had this 5gal bucket of snot that he said just makes the marten run up that pole!
He opened that lid up and it was about enough to make you gag !
"Cover that back up!" UGH!

• Haha
Reactions: leisureexpress

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Been around the bait bucket before, never showered my truck in it before tho.
Tends to intensify.

• Haha
Reactions: Ox

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK

Demonstrators protest against offshore drilling plan in Argentine Sea and these are the people coming across the border.​

Cute little pic of a walrus they have.

Just a pic from the north, they are legally hunted mainly for thier ivory, sometimes you can luck out and purchase a skull on a street corner if that's your thing.

1696577939376.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Mafesto

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Strange you have no moose in Ohio, in late 90’s when I lived there a short bit there were moose knuckle signs on every corner in OH and PA.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
If you live in a considerably populated area in the United States you'll recognize this company. They are world wide, look up New Zealand's WM

1696623822521.jpeg

So I have two questions, if they are true to what they have an image of why is it that the containers are not actually recycled since this company is globally and all?

The emblem they use on thier product is encouraging but it's not what a recycled emblem is. Recycled is the arrows with a solid line around it.

This is the sign for RECYCLED , if you did not know this before hand you won't because that information is no longer knowledgeable.
1696624413043.jpeg

This is what people see now days, intending to recycle not recycled.
1696624489915.jpeg

Second question, who pays for an extra can for recycle garbage?

Here the cans for recycles is the yellow lid as the one the cab over is picking up in above pic. At one time containers where supplied and pickup was free because those recycling your garbage make a profit. What's changed ?

Example, where do you think the majority of blow in insulation comes from? Is that not a product that has to be purchased by the consumer? Maybe by chance you'll get that cardboard box back but instead of jamming back into a can your blowing it in your attic.

Yes this is a cruel ****ing world :)

Premium Features