• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Caribou Hills

Dec 20, 2007
My daughter and I are heading in from Anchorage after we get off work today at 4. We will be hittin the hills in the am
Someone up there lite my stove so the place is ready for me :P

F
Dec 11, 2007
Wasilla
Still puking snowing... plan on big tracks to get anywhere, faceshots all day, and bring a shovel to dig yourself out. Its awesome.....

If any of you are headed this way drop a line... we're usually riding every day and would be fun to have some more people along.

So... how much snow did the hills get out of this couple day storm...? And was it this flour like powder that we've been getting north of you? Planning to ride on Monday out of Waterhole. Hopefully my shorty won't sink...:(

W

wildcard

RIP Brian
Nov 26, 2001
I got about 3 feet @1400 feet. Dry sugar snow, it'll need to settle some before it's real ridable.

A
Nov 29, 2007
I was there today and other than being cold it was pretty good. I was expecting a huge amount but was still very happy with the new foot or so since last Saturday. The place that I usually ride is north west of four corners. I bounce from valley to valley by the tree line. There is plenty of places were the snow is at least 4 feet. This was my 6th trip so far and it really is turning out to be a great year.

W

wildcard

RIP Brian
Nov 26, 2001
The snow in the hillsi s there. How do I know? The moose have shown up in town. They hold out as long as they can then move down.... Man I wish I could ride this year:mad:

C
Nov 28, 2007
Homer, Alaska
Went out for a ride this afternoon.... The snow has settled some, but it is a good thing 'cause you can now at least stay on top of it. Out east end road off in the swamps and trees there is probably three feet on the level. Once up on top of the hills there is 4 feet or more... and lots and lots of powder. I think the southern part of the peninsula got the main brunt of these last storms.... There is good snow cover, but its pretty easy to dig down into the willows... regardless its a good start for these next two months!

D
Dec 6, 2007
all i know is that it better snow enough to cover up those damn stumps in the burn. I taco'd my right trailing arm on a stump last weekend.

R
Nov 26, 2007
There was about 6" of fresh when I went up on saturday. Plenty of snow if you know where to look. Not bad riding Saturday and Sunday, was snowing hard around 3:30 when we left on Sunday. If they get dumped on, it will be fun, they can use some fresh.

C
Nov 28, 2007
Homer, Alaska
Been out riding almost every day this last week... The rain made an awesome base and there is 6-8 inches of the soft stuff on top. Also the wind and cold has produced some excellent cornices and drifts for jumping, etc. But definintely stay off the trails if you're looking for anything soft.

A
Dec 14, 2007
Anchorage
If anyone wants to stop by. The cabin is very close to the "Pavillion" where the club has the family fun day. Look for this place between the straight in trail and the 5th trail.

Last edited:
Premium Features