• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bogging on 2020s

BeetFarmer, is that part number for the temp sensor for 2020 models?
Also, the Beatfarmers was one of my favorite bands from the 80's.

I would check the power valve cables first, I know mine were off right from assembly. I had similar issues at the same RPM.

I had checked mine and they were still in spec (I adjusted last year after some clutching issues).

Oddly enough, my sled seems to have cleaned up a bunch. I question whether my injectors were sticky or something. I dumped in a can and a half of sea foam in my gas tank two weekends ago and have had almost no misses since on 4 days of riding and almost full tanks of gas each day. I rode this weekend in 3+ feet of fresh, deepest snow of the year and the sled only missed a couple times when sled was totally submerged in snow and intakes were covered (which makes sense) - and that was only from a full stop. Plenty of times when I was wide open making sharp pow turns, the intakes were totally covered and the sled never missed holding WOT. Didn't have any of the multi-grabs of the throttle with absolutely no response like I did before. I pulled apart my clutches to confirm all was well, etc. - it remains a mystery for now, but I'm going to tell myself the "magic" Sea Foam saved the day once again lol.

I had checked mine and they were still in spec (I adjusted last year after some clutching issues).

Oddly enough, my sled seems to have cleaned up a bunch. I question whether my injectors were sticky or something. I dumped in a can and a half of sea foam in my gas tank two weekends ago and have had almost no misses since on 4 days of riding and almost full tanks of gas each day. I rode this weekend in 3+ feet of fresh, deepest snow of the year and the sled only missed a couple times when sled was totally submerged in snow and intakes were covered (which makes sense) - and that was only from a full stop. Plenty of times when I was wide open making sharp pow turns, the intakes were totally covered and the sled never missed holding WOT. Didn't have any of the multi-grabs of the throttle with absolutely no response like I did before. I pulled apart my clutches to confirm all was well, etc. - it remains a mystery for now, but I'm going to tell myself the "magic" Sea Foam saved the day once again lol.
I am not a big believer in all the so called snake oils out there, but I do know Seafoam works awesome. I have used it in diesels and gas engines before with great results. Thanks for the report back , I have been suspecting injectors as my issue last year also.

Update changed the coolant temp sensor and still have the bog. Talked to my dealer yesterday and they have a 2020 with the same bog issue as mine 5000 to 5800 rpm. They are thinking it must be related to injectors. I might try some sea foam and see if that helps.

I was wondering what you found. I couldn't wait around to hear what you found, so I too ordered a new temp sensor as well just to give it a try. I will also dump a can of Seafoam into my tank before my next ride. I also swapped exhaust cans to see if back pressure changes things. Going from a BDX/SSI Titanium can to a Diamond S titanium exhaust can.

I have a diamond s stainless can. I actually did seal up the exhaust port through the belly pan better too, as the diamond s exhaust leaves a reasonable gap in the belly pan. I also don’t think that was the root of my problem as it happened at times when exhaust gases weren’t an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update changed the coolant temp sensor and still have the bog. Talked to my dealer yesterday and they have a 2020 with the same bog issue as mine 5000 to 5800 rpm. They are thinking it must be related to injectors. I might try some sea foam and see if that helps.
I am interested to here if the Seafoam helps or not.

I was wondering what you found. I couldn't wait around to hear what you found, so I too ordered a new temp sensor as well just to give it a try. I will also dump a can of Seafoam into my tank before my next ride. I also swapped exhaust cans to see if back pressure changes things. Going from a BDX/SSI Titanium can to a Diamond S titanium exhaust can.
I had a Diamond S Titanium can on mine and changed it to MBRP. I think MBRP runs a little better. It’s definitely louder which I don’t like. Hopefully the sea foam will make a difference.

Seafoam did not fix my bog today and now my exhaust sensor is bad. Have code PO546 showing up and exhaust temp say 1783 degrees. Rode half the day with bad sensor. The hand warmer codes show up a couple times a ride yet they work just fine. I have pulled all the plugs and put die electric grease on them At the beginning of the season. This sled is turning into a lemon.

The Seamfoam trick may have helped a little but, the weirdness is still there with a new bog at WOT and a miss, pinging and backfiring going down the trail at 7,500 RPM. It accelerates just fine on either side of it. It almost seems like it could be related to the massive BDX intake venting on their light weight intake, it could be creating a lean condition?

Would you send me the ohm reading variance? I will try and check it out this weekend. Thanks
Here is per the service manual...sure is pointing to the rpm range where people are having issues.

These models are equipped with the Exhaust Controlled Timing (ECT) system utilizing an exhaust pipe temperature sensor. NOTE: The engine has a three-stage exhaust valve system. The stages are closed, mid-open, and full-open. These models have a designated RPM of 4500 at which the system is synchronized and checked by the ECM for proper operation occurring once each time the engine is started. This system automatically adjusts the ignition timing to provide maximum performance through a variety of operating conditions. The ECM receives input on engine RPM (demand) and exhaust temperature (engine condition) and adjusts the ignition timing accordingly. This system is not adjustable and is maintenance free. If a system fault is suspected, use an ohmmeter to check continuity of the exhaust pipe temperature sensor located in the expansion chamber. A reading of either 0 ohm or infinity indicates a failed sensor. A reading at room temperature should be between 200-220 ohms. NOTE: A disabled ECT system WILL NOT cause engine damage; however, a failed ECT system will have slower throttle response and may produce slightly less top-end performance.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back