• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are you Over 50 and STILL SHREDDING?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
I can't believe this is still going. I think I was 69 when it started now I'm 73 and a riding friend is 85. At this point I'm learning to pace myself and let some of the younger crowd do the work. I did find out the older you get, the more CC's you think you need though. It's still fun.
Is fuzz still riding i rode with him 10 years ago. He is a one of the best guys iv ever meet riding.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
67 years and can't wait to take delivery of my 2022 KHAOS Matrix Slash w/BOOST.............selling my 2020 Summit Expert if anyone is interested contact Mile High Powersports in McCall, ID. 2020 is SOLD.

Last edited:
S
Nov 21, 2009
Sad for me this year having to help my 82 year old dad sell off all his sleds. He’s been riding since early 60’s and was a founding member of Mt Hood snowmobile association. He can still ride but the loading and unloading and stucks is what was getting rough. He is down to 1 kidney and is fighting a few cancers. Anyway I plan on taking him out still. He lives to share the sport and had a 4 place full of sleds so he could bring his buddies who didn’t have sleds. One hell of a rider and would laugh as he passed you at 90 throwing ice chunks in your face. He summited ST Helens pre eruption on a doo 440 back in 70s. Keep riding as long as you can. I’m 55 and backcountry ski with my son and buddy using my g4 summits as chairlifts. Good times.
07bb050568fc4d7d1feff998939f4d80.jpg

This was us at Halfway in the wallowas a couple years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
At 51 I think I still ride hard. Biggest problem I have is people my age who don't get after it as hard (not following, too many stops and bs'ing). Or, they simply don't go as often. Try to find younger people to ride with but some of them have their little circles and that's it.
I still love sledding after 25 years and just want to keep pushing and improving as a rider. Love the adrenaline and challenge!

'21 Alpha 154
'16 Proclimb 153

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
My mother had me riding with her on a sled when I was a month old on a farm near Edmonton. Anyone asks why I am addicted to these things I blame her. LOL. Still building mod sleds and trying to find guys who will ride like I do. Some are older, some are younger. Most of the ones I grew up sledding with won't go now where we used to. I still like to push it. Taking my daughter out and teaching her now. She was 1 1/2 when I first took her for a ride.

Last edited:

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I probably posted in this thread before but everyone likes pictures anyway. My Dad's 61 and hasn't missed a trip with me in 20 years! He can keep up with anyone and he's always the first to come help get unstuck. His knees are about gone and can barely walk at the end of each day but he has a few Mich Goldens, relaxes and does it again the next day! I hope he's got at least 10 years in him yet.

20190118_133811.jpg 20190120_153439.jpg 20220219_105702.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I probably posted in this thread before but everyone likes pictures anyway. My Dad's 61 and hasn't missed a trip with me in 20 years! He can keep up with anyone and he's always the first to come help get unstuck. His knees are about gone and can barely walk at the end of each day but he has a few Mich Goldens, relaxes and does it again the next day! I hope he's got at least 10 years in him yet.
Get him on the forum!!

Premium Features