• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaska Conditions and BSing Statewide

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A
Nov 26, 2007
Palmer
On a side note, anyone know anyone that does the plastic welding thing? I busted up my hood pretty good on a stump at caribou....dont ask...:D Looking for someone local to the peninsula... Preferably the kenai/soldotna area...

Take it to Tim he does excellent work but if Palmer is not with in your drive hit up Dave at Automotive Collision Experts in Homer.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Palmer
I will be riding my new one with my 11 year old boy on sunday. Thinking about hitting up shirley town. Anyone know if they got the foot wasilla did? What about willow mountain??

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
If one of those turbos craps out, let me know, I've got a Duramax LBZ that's up to the task. LOL :face-icon-small-ton:D:beer;

Last edited:
A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK
Just got the call from Seward Ranger District - ALL areas are open..... LOST LAKE IS OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO I AM SO FLIPPIN' EXCITED :D :D :D
Out freaking standing. We will be there bright and early Friday. We will try and leave some snow untracked. I am not going to sleep now.

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
LOL, funny thing is, that pig of a Yammi makes the same HP as the truck that's towing it.

Guess you would have to slap a hitch on a Ford Pinto if you wanted to make that claim. LMAO :face-icon-small-win

B
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
With Turny possibly being out tomorrow because of wind, we might be looking for a place to ride, problem being i don't know any of the other places within driving distance of Anchorage other than eureka and that isn't worth the drive. Anyone planning on going anywhere tomorrow that wouldn't mind playing tour guide?

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
I would love to hit up Lost Lake but I've never ridden it before kinda in the same boat, hoping the forcasted winds turn into blue skies in Turny.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
If you ride Turny watch the slopes, the Avy report isn't very positive. With all the snow and high wind everything will be wind loaded. Dig your snow pits!

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
LOL, funny thing is, that pig of a Yammi makes the same HP as the truck that's towing it.

Guess you would have to slap a hitch on a Ford Pinto if you wanted to make that claim. LMAO :face-icon-small-win

Good thing that I DONT want to make that claim, or Id be all stocked up on XS condoms and Yamalube for the season. Ill bet a Ford Pinto can carve better than a turbo yamaha, and maybe even fit between the trees easier too lol :D

Gonna be riding Pville tommorrow, anyone else gonna be out there?

Dec 6, 2007
Palmer
Going to play it safe tomorrow and ride P-ville. Will be leaving Palmer around 0800 and should be there by 0930. Will be riding a 06 900 with a buddy on a 03 SKS 700. See you there!

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Good thing that I DONT want to make that claim, or Id be all stocked up on XS condoms and Yamalube for the season. Ill bet a Ford Pinto can carve better than a turbo yamaha, and maybe even fit between the trees easier too lol :D

Gonna be riding Pville tommorrow, anyone else gonna be out there?

HAHA, not true, where were you monday when i was whippin donuts tighter than your pie hole!

I will be tunning tomorrow but hopefully ride friday, saturday, and sunday.

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Ill bet my sled doesnt come close to the waynes world pinto with the flames. Not even your sled remmy, not even CLOSE.

Should be at pville, but a bit later. Might see you guys out there.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Give us a pvile report when you get back, hope it is still as good as it was a couple days ago.

Premium Features