• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaska Conditions and BSing Statewide

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Dec 3, 2007
Girls ride / Anchorage Snowmobile Club

Just to put a plug in for the Anchorage Snowmobile Club-

They are always looking for ride leaders that want to put together a ride, be it girls, kids, newbies, old farts (like me), mutiday, etc. It is a way for riders to get together and find people they might like to ride with. And joining is CHEAP- $30 bucks for the whole family. They have a monthly meeting at the IBEW Hall on the third wed. of every month. Sometimes the meetings are lame, sometimes pretty good- and always door prizes.

I would encourage everyone to join for a lot of reasons- even if you never go to a meeting or on a ride- The Forest Service is closing more and more areas to motorized use- who is fighting this? The Anchorage Snowmobile Club and the Alaska Snowmobile Association (by joining Anchorage you automatically join ASA)-the more members they have the more clout! Besides we need some guys in their that want to rip. And like this girls ride, it is a good way of organizing a ride. Thats my 2 cents- Tim

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Good point Tim. I have been a member for a few years now - but I admit I haven't been to a meeting in a while. We have seen lots of posts about the playgrounds in the lower 48 being shut down to snowmachining. It would be good for us all to be more involved up here to protect ours.

Anyone looking for more info - go to their website http://www.anchoragesnowmobileclub.com

C
Nov 30, 2007
I concur on the club membership - I'm a member, and I'd way rather be doing other things than showing up at lame meetings, but the reality is that the Feds make this closure decisions based on who shows up, and usually there's only one or two sledders and 200 greenies. And the reality is that no land is EVER closed when you're on two legs.

With that said, also looking for a local ski-doo mod/port shop. I've dealt with Big JOhn in MN in the past, I would just think there's someone similar locally. I've had AK Drag Bike true my crank, but I haven't heard of any serious Ski-Doo mod shop. Please advise.

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Chev, try Alaska Sleds and Cycle located on the palmer wasilla highway near mat valley meats. They are a good mod shop that does alot of work with revs and ski doos. Marty Mobley owns the shop, ask for him or his son Mike. They do some really good work over there.

T
Nov 21, 2007
Wasilla Alaska
Chev, try Alaska Sleds and Cycle located on the palmer wasilla highway near mat valley meats. They are a good mod shop that does alot of work with revs and ski doos. Marty Mobley owns the shop, ask for him or his son Mike. They do some really good work over there.

Yeah , they worked on my dad's Skudoo . It rips pretty good now . It still has that weird smoke coming out though . LoL

Q
Jan 3, 2008
Eagle River, AK
Hey, if any of you know of anyone looking for a good sled, I have two for sale right now...an '03 SD Renegade 800 with a 136x2 inch finger track and also an '02 Summit 700 RER with a 144x2inch paddle. Renegade has 2100 miles and the Summit has 1600, and both are in outstanding condition. Email me if interested in either at stratusrt01@hotmail.com, or give me a call at 632-3416. Thanks!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska

for once i have to agree with Stewart J/K:D Marty does excelent work, and is full of good knowledge of every make and where to improve...cant complain !!!!:beer;:beer;

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
AK Sleds & Cycles

Marty has raced Hill Climbs and Hill Cross for many years with more 1st place trophy’s than he can fit in the office. This is how he learned the "tricks of the trade", and by working at dealerships & his sponsors. He is connected to all the major parts outlets for dealer pricing too. He can do any sled or motocross work but specializes in Mods such as: Porting & Polishing, Big Bore kits, Rifle bored carbs, tunnel swaps, custom shock building, custom clutching etc. Many of the dealers send him work because they don’t want to get into this. He is across from the Mattress Ranch on the Pal-Was Hwy. The number is 373-5716
And yes, even his son Mike is good, he follows his dads training and even won the Jr. King of the Hill at Jackson Hole WY!:beer;

Nov 28, 2007
Anchorage, AK
We are some damn good riders and we get better every year ;) Oh and we never get stuck, in the off chance we do, we just bat our eye lashes and smile pretty. haha

Whad ya have to do to get some help with this one?
l_6cdb6fc060a51b8ec1f6c9c264148209.jpg

Premium Features