• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjusting the Chain on the 2023 Gen 5 Ski-Doo Summit Sleds

Does anyone have a link to the FB tech talk they had day after reveal? I'm ordering 2 sleds and this may be a deal breaker. For the guys that did have this issue is BRP covering it under warranty, as this is seems to be 100% something that is inherit to the sled due to poor parts/quality. No way in hell iam I gonna buy a sled(s) they don't cover that.

Does anyone have a link to the FB tech talk they had day after reveal? I'm ordering 2 sleds and this may be a deal breaker. For the guys that did have this issue is BRP covering it under warranty, as this is seems to be 100% something that is inherit to the sled due to poor parts/quality. No way in hell iam I gonna buy a sled(s) they don't cover that.

I've talked to a few guys who are getting warranty up here in Canada. I've sold a couple belt drives to guys who were having the dealer install them as part of the warranty deal. I have also been told that they are denying warranty as they are labelling the chain case internals as a wear item and therefore not a warrantable part. I don't know 100% what the official word is or if these guys are being covered by their dealer as a goodwill offering or what have you.

I've talked to a few guys who are getting warranty up here in Canada. I've sold a couple belt drives to guys who were having the dealer install them as part of the warranty deal. I have also been told that they are denying warranty as they are labelling the chain case internals as a wear item and therefore not a warrantable part. I don't know 100% what the official word is or if these guys are being covered by their dealer as a goodwill offering or what have you.
I'm gonna chat with my dealer. They will have to put in writing any chain case issues will be covered or I guess I will wait to see what the others offer

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
Norona you need to address this issue. Will there be a fix? I for one will not be ordering anything from skidoo until I hear there's a fix for the chain case issues. This is a huge issue once it happens to you

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
I did my best to pretend it was a non issue.....its really fun too when you can't get parts and do a simple on hill swap and get to pay $1200 for a Heli

Norona you need to address this issue. Will there be a fix? I for one will not be ordering anything from skidoo until I hear there's a fix for the chain case issues. This is a huge issue once it happens to you
Same here. If there is not a fix I at least wanna know that BRP covers this and doesn't try to pull some BS and say its a wear item. Almost 20 yrs riding and never had a chain break.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Same here. If there is not a fix I at least wanna know that BRP covers this and doesn't try to pull some BS and say its a wear item. Almost 20 yrs riding and never had a chain break.
Parts are cheap/if you can get them! Sled recovery not so cheap!!!

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Norona said he wouldn’t be on this again because of all the keyboard jockeys causing isolated issues.I think this proves there is an issue.Is this like Kamala Harris and Joe Biden telling you Are better off now than before he took office.Tell people the same lie long enough and a certain majority will believe it

Norona said he wouldn’t be on this again because of all the keyboard jockeys causing isolated issues.I think this proves there is an issue.Is this like Kamala Harris and Joe Biden telling you Are better off now than before he took office.Tell people the same lie long enough and a certain majority will believe it
Well, that goes two ways. I know my business has been booming the last 2 yrs. So I'm not complaining :)

And its Dave's Choice not to say anything. But I know there is more than just the two sleds I'm gonna order that are on the fence. Normal low life's like myself buying sleds is what helps afford BRP to give him free (or deals) on sleds. He has done a great job of communicating in the past. Don't believe this is a time to stop. I would bet a hamburger he is relaying this to BRP and I'm sure they are reading this as well. Again, their choice to ignore or do something to make me (and many others) pull the trigger or switch brands.

Premium Features