• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjusting the Chain on the 2023 Gen 5 Ski-Doo Summit Sleds

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Just ride it I have had no problems yet. i understand the is an issue but I think there would be some blown chains because of how this track grabs anything it can. Landing under power has its consequences.
Just wait until Spring when the snow is set up. Then we will see many more get shock loaded and break.

E
Dec 19, 2007
If they haven’t done a fix for it next year, l will be doing something to.
That is the big question right now. Funny how there is no mention of this great "two piece shaft" in any of the '24 reveal videos. Deep snow or trail for that matter. Unlike last year where they spent several minutes taking about it. Anyone have any info from the show?

Reactions: Squirly
H

hkollie

Apr 21, 2013
On the track issues that guys are having come with a track that wants to grip everything it encounters. It hooks up like no other track on the market. If you want 2000 miles out of it put a 2 in on. It’s no different than buying mt tires for your truck there great but no milage.
agree....Utah mountain rider here, the expert track continues to impress after 590 miles, 80% off trail. I can feel the sidehill bite and pull tighter donuts without washout. Same for hook up, best i have ridden. No broken bars yet and no lost paddles....I did slam a log or rock yesterday with the track. Feeling thankful for this machine so far.

J
Nov 20, 2021
Revelstoke
If they are repairing this issue under warranty I’m sure brp will be looking to rectify for next year. But don’t expect them to advertise it I’m guessing.

That is the big question right now. Funny how there is no mention of this great "two piece shaft" in any of the '24 reveal videos. Deep snow or trail for that matter. Unlike last year where they spent several minutes taking about it. Anyone have any info from the show?

Reactions: hkollie

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
As soon as my chain case blew, everyone was pointing the finger at me that I didn’t maintain my sled, change the oil, take the cover off to inspect, landed hard under power……etc. Poor response. Chain was maintained as instructed using secondary motion every ride, oil was changed, purposely babied the sled landing and being under power. My bottom sprocket is in 10 pieces, chain snapped, cover destroyed, back case missing a chunk ie. catastrophic failure.

Take it for what it is but a little birdie told me doo would have had very delayed deliveries this season as hyvo gears/chain weren’t available as they initially had parted for the builds. Instead of being delayed they made the choice to get sled to guys with the current supplied chains and gears. Probably a good move to get sleds in hands instead of months late but they are inadequate. All mountain sleds should have one piece shafts and hyvo gears. 2022’s had no problems.

As soon as my chain case blew, everyone was pointing the finger at me that I didn’t maintain my sled, change the oil, take the cover off to inspect, landed hard under power……etc. Poor response. Chain was maintained as instructed using secondary motion every ride, oil was changed, purposely babied the sled landing and being under power. My bottom sprocket is in 10 pieces, chain snapped, cover destroyed, back case missing a chunk ie. catastrophic failure.

Take it for what it is but a little birdie told me doo would have had very delayed deliveries this season as hyvo gears/chain weren’t available as they initially had parted for the builds. Instead of being delayed they made the choice to get sled to guys with the current supplied chains and gears. Probably a good move to get sleds in hands instead of months late but they are inadequate. All mountain sleds should have one piece shafts and hyvo gears. 2022’s had no problems.
I cant remember any past yrs having chaincase issues.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
I believe you are correct on that assumption.I owned Ski Doo since 1970 and I never had an issue or heard of several on a model year failing.Engine failures a whole different story over the years

Reactions: hkollie

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Did they say what that means? Any details??
Zero details. It would be nice to see a copy of the email, as I am passing on second hand information.
I’m optimistic Doo will certainly take corrective action for 2024. Sure hope us 2023 owners can retrofit the upcoming modifications and It’s not to expensive.

Premium Features