• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Polaris Snowmobiles Launch

Hopefully someone has some input or advice for me. I'm coming off a '19 850 163 Pro RMK. I really like it in the technical riding we like to get into other than in some situations it would be nice to have a tad more ski lift. Right now I'm looking at the NA 165 Khaos Slash and Pro RMK Slash. I'm about 210 without gear, and want the track length when we get the major dumps. Does the Matryx Pro have improved ski lift vs. the Axys? I know the Pro and Khaos were wildly different when Khaos first showed up, but just haven't heard much discussion about this for 23s or 24s, and on the 165 length in particular.
Just get the Khaos. You'll have nicer shocks and if you find it too playful, you're basically a FTS spring and a limiter strap away from a Pro.

I would order the 325 just because of the modified clearance. Tunnel and bulkhead change.
Instal a Lynx track and be happy.
I hear the 325 vibrates. The 50mph warning on the dash and ecu logging isn’t worthy on a Boost. We see speeds north of that, on climbs, at 10,000’.

I would order the 325 just because of the modified clearance. Tunnel and bulkhead change.
Instal a Lynx track and be happy.
I hear the 325 vibrates. The 50mph warning on the dash and ecu logging isn’t worthy on a Boost. We see speeds north of that, on climbs, at 10,000’.
You think the clearance will be different on the 2.75 sleds compared to the 3.25 sleds or did they state this somewhere? That seems like a lot of work for a track. Perhaps that is why it cost more to order the 3.25.

You think the clearance will be different on the 2.75 sleds compared to the 3.25 sleds or did they state this somewhere? That seems like a lot of work for a track. Perhaps that is why it cost more to order the 3.25.
That is what we were told yesterday. If it comes to fruition we will see. Has there been any P22 recognition for ‘24? I’ll have to go back and look.
Guess my findings with the caliper hit home at Polaris. New high retractable caliper.??‍♂️

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like you need to pair the track with the motor? If you're going to get a motor for the deepest days, might as well get the track for the deepest days too and vice versa

Extra weight of the 325 won't be a problem for a boost and the lightness of a 2.75" will really let the 9R's highlights shine.
Not only that, it would be nice to pair skis with track length. More track, the heavier the sled and harder to turn. It would be nice if skis came like handlebars, low medium and high for ski size and keel agressiveness.

3.25" because I'm a dumb ditch digger. I have a Doo track cut to 15 and the Composit M66 to try on my 9R. I will have plenty to choose from for next year. Maybe the 3.25 will be good in our Cascade Concrete. I just did not like the track in his snow. I text Burandt asking what track he was really running and got crickets. Apparently I don't have enough money to pay him to pretend to be my friend ?
Are you putting it on a 9R or a Boost? I too ride Cascade concrete with some higher peaks in the Eastern portion for a little dryer snow sometimes, I'll be curious to see what this 3.25 does in our snow next year. I guess worst case if it sucks we can go to anything else available lol.

One would think for simplicities sake they would all have the additional clearance

Are you putting it on a 9R or a Boost? I too ride Cascade concrete with some higher peaks in the Eastern portion for a little dryer snow sometimes, I'll be curious to see what this 3.25 does in our snow next year. I guess worst case if it sucks we can go to anything else available lol.
I ordered a 24 155 Boost with the 3.25. I think its safe to say I'm the only person on here who has rode a sled with the series 9 track on it. I'm hoping to get one of the tracks I ordered for my 9R on this weekend to test. I ordered a Doo track and an M66 to try on my 155 9R. I ended up not having them cut down the Doo track since it measured to be 2.86. Hopefully there is enough clearance and it doesn't create any issues. I know of at least one guy on here who is running the track on a 9R.

I ordered a 24 155 Boost with the 3.25. I think its safe to say I'm the only person on here who has rode a sled with the series 9 track on it. I'm hoping to get one of the tracks I ordered for my 9R on this weekend to test. I ordered a Doo track and an M66 to try on my 155 9R. I ended up not having them cut down the Doo track since it measured to be 2.86. Hopefully there is enough clearance and it doesn't create any issues. I know of at least one guy on here who is running the track on a 9R.
So you are saying the Doo 3" lug track is only 2.86" tall at the lug?

So you are saying the Doo 3" lug track is only 2.86" tall at the lug?
Thats what they told me when I asked them to cut it to a 2.75. They said I would need to cut it to a 2.6 to get a good cut on the track. I was only going for a 2.75 because I was concerned about clearance.

That might work good I had the 3” lynx track on my 155 Khaos boost and in setup snow it turned into a rocket ship it was so hard to control I hated riding it. The PRO limiter strap wouldn’t even help.

I’m curious how much different the PRO is to the Khaos now? It sounds like they took what Turcotte does to his sleds (a hybrid PRO/Khaos) and made it factory. Also, I wonder what this new track will be like in high elevation dry snow conditions?

I’m curious how much different the PRO is to the Khaos now? It sounds like they took what Turcotte does to his sleds (a hybrid PRO/Khaos) and made it factory. Also, I wonder what this new track will be like in high elevation dry snow conditions?
That is where I ride. I just switched to the 325. Thinking about the times where I want to turn immediately after starting and the track hasn't spooled up so I get stuck. Seems like the 325 would address exactly that

I am curious about this as well and am wondering how the 325 track is going to affect the playfulness as well. I've been following the Lynx thread for a while and it seems like it makes the Matryx sleds more playful compared to Pro vs Khaos when coming from a 275. Hoping the 325 doesn't make my new boost too much of a handful, I am really shooting for that same hybrid concept with my new sled. I watched a video mentioning the Khaos 155 with 325 was very playful and a bit of a handful, but with anything it can also be how the suspension is setup also.

My 155 2.75 is way easier to bring the nose up back home. That 3.25 sled didn't wheelie at all. All the videos I posted were of me on that 155 with 3.25 track. It didn't feel grippy. It felt trenchy! That Ski Doo feeling.

Premium Features

Back