• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010-2011 Revelstoke Conditions

Stolen truck and sled!

Please keep a lookout for a stolen truck and sled. They were stolen from the smokey bear campground the night of nov.22, the truck is a blue 2005 ford f-350 and the sled is a 2009 M1000 162 with a twisted turbo. The truck has a chrome package on it. The sled has a busted front bumper and a xxxmodrod sabertooth vent on the hood and it is painted arctic cat green and is a custom piece. Anyone with any info please contact Mitchell @ 403-580-7356. Reward for any info leading to recovery.

Sorry to hear this and already.

If anyone is heading to Revy this wknd. we will all be the The River City Pub @ The Regent Inn. starts 7 p.m. Sat. Nov. 27
Please bring something non-perishable for the Revy Food Bank Christmas Hamper.
Boost 5, Thunderstruck 9, SledBetties Rise.
Draw Prizes.
Live Auction benefits to the Canadian Avalanche Centre, right here in Revy.

Special Guests.
Bring your Sharpies. :face-icon-small-ton

Hey friends,

Plan a snomobile movie premier and the snow will fall :)

Our 2nd annual Revy Snowmobile Club movie premier is finally here!!
This years movies include:
THUNDERSTRUCK 9
BOOST 5 and
SLED BETTIES RISE

The movies will kick off around 7:00PM, followed by the Revelstoke Avalanche Association Auction. This years auction has some pretty sweet Avy gear as well as.... a pair of Sharon Shook Original Gloves! This is an event you really wanna be bidding on :)

There will be no cover charge, how ever if you do bring a non-parishable food item, or a monitary donation for the Revelstoke Food Bank you will be given a raffle ticket for a chance to win some sweet prizes donated from all 3 of the movie companys, and our PUB :)

So get your Food Bank donations ready and join us for a night of great movies, food , friends, and service with a big smile :)

-Your pals at the PUB

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CABC0247

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a lot of fun

Thanks everyone who attended we collected 3 boxes of non-perishables and a huge box of taters from Dusty Dancer again plus $620 in cash donations for the Revy Food Bank Christmas Hamper.

The auction was a hit also, together we raised $1900 for the Canadian Avalanche Centre.
Thanks to Snowmobile Revelstoke Society, Sled Shed, Yamaha Motor Canada, Polaris Industries, Farwest Films (Brent Veideman) Thunderstruck (Bigskyx), Melinda (Hot Lips), Sharon Shook (Mittens), Revy Club Members Allan and Simone Erickson, ZALAS`S, Last Drop (Powder Springs), Summer Sucks (Wade McAllister), Matt Potratz and the CAC for your very generous donations for the draws and auction.

Also a big thanks to Randy for being our M.C. and to all the others who helped out, it was very much appreciated.
It was a great wknd. to see old friends, showcase our new cabin and raise some money for worthwhile causes.

Oh and thanks Jimmy for giving me a ride home, it was time.

Last edited:
Is anyone planning to ride Revy this week ? Say Tues to Fri ? Looking for peeps to ride with ! My crew is not ready LOL

Rode sat/sun at frisby/boulder and the snow was DEEP. obvious spots are tracked out but get off the beaten path a little and you will be rewarded.

DEEP SNOW

Lets see some pics of DEEP SNOW. Snow pole at cabin would be nice to. Thanks Guys

is it still sketchy up there for hitting rocks and stuff?

There are still areas to stay away from.... especially if you are not familiar with the area. A few friends broke stuff on the trail, rocks being exposed.

Rode Keystone Friday, only 5 of us it was deep... but being 3rd in line I was uncovering alot of trees and rocks still.....

Be careful 2 skis down....:)

was up last saturday (nov27th) and it was deep.. lots of snow in most places, several feet of fresh powder ontop of a decent base.. that being said i would still avoid any humps or bumps in the snow that look suspect.. otherwise you will be like me, rebuilding your front end after your 3rd ride of the season. :face-icon-small-dis

Three us planning to ride Revelstoke area Monday to Thursday 6th to 9th and would like to join another small group.

Rode Boulder Thurs and Frisby today.........yes if you're from the prairies there is a lot of snow. But what you have to remember is if we have 5ft of snow at home thats an incredible winter........out here there's 5ft of snow covering 9ft of rock.

It's not nearly enough.....yes you can ride but be careful!!!!! I've been coming out here for 6yrs and have never ever seen rocks and trees showing like this. If it wasn't for new mods to the sled I wouldn't be riding yet. Boulder/Frisby need another 4ft+ of snow to have really good conditions.

If you do come out be careful. We saw more than one sled be flown off the mountain in the last two days cause of hitting a rock. The snow is bottomless and soft but like I said.....there's 4ft of snow covering 9ft rocks.

Rode Boulder today.....got farther back into the Meadows. Snow was way more set up today. Awesome snow in the meadows but had to really watch for creeks and rocks. It's really tracked up right now tho. Never wrecked anything but me and my riding partner each hit a few rocks and trees. Need some more snow!!!!

rode sale mountain today

rode sale mountain today...lots of rocks under the snow, be careful...there are a few nice areas to play in, some great powder in a bowl north of the tower, and a nice hill to climb on the east side of the tower(no rocks)...don't go down to the lake, it's gonna take you forever to try to get out.

Rode Frisbee today. Really Beaten down. You can find some snow, but you have to go north of the Green Tower. And my first day on my new Summit X Etec. So much power, scares me.

rode frisby as well today, there was some amazing powder just northeast of the upcoming caribou closures, once we dropped down, it was hard to get back out. the creeks are still visible in some spots.

theguyx, were you on the black summit x?

heres a couple teasers from the weekend,,down backside of bullpen on boulder,,had great time but still very dangerous out there,,both of us came away with front end damage,,and from what i saw there were alot of sleds on the bottom of a chopper

IMG_2339.jpg IMG_2514.jpg

riding from the parking lots yet

yup riding from parking lot,,attemps at grooming are happening,,but no drag yet. Logging trucks were still hauling on boulder,,so be carefull and give right away on the first part of road,,but those guys are on the way out right now fer sure

rode frisby as well today, there was some amazing powder just northeast of the upcoming caribou closures, once we dropped down, it was hard to get back out. the creeks are still visible in some spots.

theguyx, were you on the black summit x?

Yep, and my partner ( son in-law ) on the M8 Sno Pro. We don't know this area and starting about 1800 Meters, we got lost in the clouds. We played around as best as we could and then spent a bit trying to find our way back. Thanks to my GPS we were able to find the trail again. Tomorrow, we are going back with my son in the group on a new Polaris 800 RMK. We are hoping for a bit more snow, visibility and are just going to go North as much as we can. With all these posts, we are going to stay out of boulder and maybe try it on Friday it it dumps a bunch.
Hoping for lots of snow in the next few days.

Premium Features

Back