• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010-2011 Revelstoke Conditions

boulder update

did your son's sled get it's engine issues sorted out?

we rode boulder today and it was pretty tracked up.

we tried to get to the tv tower but it was practically impossible, due to the deep snow covering the creeks. we made it to the western part but had to turn around before getting socked in.

if you're riding in from peaks be aware that there's a mile or so of gravel to ride on between where the Viedeman and the bezanson/kirkup trail meet up.

here are some pictures of the new and old cabin as of tuesday.

the first picture, the one above the clouds was of from a ride up to the top of trail at sale mtn on sunday.

lots of stumps and rocks everywhere under the snow. be careful. the groomer only can go up probably 500ft past the old cabin, for now, till more snow falls.

Yep, and my partner ( son in-law ) on the M8 Sno Pro. We don't know this area and starting about 1800 Meters, we got lost in the clouds. We played around as best as we could and then spent a bit trying to find our way back. Thanks to my GPS we were able to find the trail again. Tomorrow, we are going back with my son in the group on a new Polaris 800 RMK. We are hoping for a bit more snow, visibility and are just going to go North as much as we can. With all these posts, we are going to stay out of boulder and maybe try it on Friday it it dumps a bunch.
Hoping for lots of snow in the next few days.

topofsalemtn.jpg loggingoadfrompeaks.jpg creekbedneartvtower.jpg newcabin.jpg oldcabin.jpg

Whats the status with parking in the main lots?? Is there good cover and if it rains abit down low will they be ok. Just trying to figure out which trailer to bring.....:face-icon-small-hap

Whats the status with parking in the main lots?? Is there good cover and if it rains abit down low will they be ok. Just trying to figure out which trailer to bring.....:face-icon-small-hap

you can park at either boulder or frisby lots. there is lots of snow at either.

the peaks lot, well there's active logging on the trail halfway up to where it meets the bezanson/kirkup junction. we've ridden it but there's a mile of gravel to run on and i'm sure it's going to piss someone off eventually if they have to move for us to go through(hasn't happened yet). logging should be done by the 15th(according to locals here).

sale mtn requires that you park on the west side of the highway south of the trailhead entrance.

FYI..most people aren't aware but the caribou closures are effective JANUARY 1, not DEC 15. so there is lots of time to let the powder fall and cover all the stumps and rocks.

snow conditions?

I am coming up from Sandpoint, ID next thursday and was wondering if this rain we are getting here is snow up there, and if there is enough snow coverage up high. We are staying at peak's lodge. I have been up there a couple of times. I Was wondering where the safest place to boondock without hitting anything would be.

Dec 10, 2010

Highgway shutdwon last night West of Rogers Pass, was like a parking lot with all the new snow and tractors jack knifed

Was about 6-8" on highway in an 1/2 hour
Absolute whiteout with 2" flakes

Anyone riding?? What the up top verdict, looks like a pineapple express is rolling in so how low will the snowline stay??

Revy Dec 10-12

Thursday night got about 2 feet
Friday night got another 1 foot
Saturday night another 1-2 feet, 6 inches in town
Forgot to check pole at cabin but mid trail pole said 5 feet at about 4500 feet

No visibility Saturday / Sunday but Friday was fair

Still the odd landmine but certainly MUCH better
Fodness found a few and did a couple headlight inspections but no damage

IMG_6404.jpg IMG_6406.jpg IMG_6409.jpg

Just got back....rode two days and had pretty decent conditions. Snow pack is still low IMO for this time of year but its coming around. Nice job on the new cabin, its a great piece that will be used by thousands.....

Had a really good couple days in Revy. If you search around the pow was insane. Rode Frisby in the Caribou closure the first day. Didn't see anyone all day! Rode Boulder the next day. The only time we really ran into anyone was when we were on route to different locations. We did run into a few people looking for there buddies. Still don't really understand how this happens. Why doesn't everyone carry radios? Ran into a guy at the end of the day. His buddies pretty much left him stuck in a ditch. I told him to get new friends and radio. Oh ya and he didn't have a back pack, shovel, probe or a beacon!!!

Oh ya and he didn't have a back pack, shovel, probe or a beacon!!!

thats possibly the dumbest thing on the things not to do when riding in the mountains everyone should come with all of the above and more people should be prepared for the worst and your not prepared just with yourself you need emergency and survival supplies. i wouldnt ride with anyone who didnt come prepared and friends shouldnt let friends ride unprepared.

so let me get this straight the caribou closer in frisbee is open till jan 1st am i correct? after that date its a stay away zone

Premium Features

Back