• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

buying a helix tuesday, add your opionion

S
Dec 8, 2007
Saskatchewan
finally tuesday im buying a helix and im going to try and apply my little knowledge about angles. sled is 153 m6(stock except clutching) and i ride flatland powder, around 2500-3000 feet. i have cutler adjustable weights and shift assist, cat recommends a 44/40 helix, in now is a straight 36

from other people i talked to i was thinking of getting something along the lines of a 46/43/40 progressive or a 44,41,38 .

is this to much angle, im mostly looking for more acceloration and cant afford any speed loss. What do you experts think?

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
I'm gonna say make it a 36 finish angle for top end...44 start angle, and either 3 angle (middle 38), or progressive. Won't be the best in deep, but should be ok, and will pull hard and topend good...if you want better deep snow/climbing helix, drop down to 42 starting angle progressive.

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
The second, or last number in the helix spec is the angle of the helix at full shift out. Is that what your asking? Or do you wanna know why a 36 might be better than a 40? 36 provides more belt squeeze, and you will shift out further, ultimately, with a 36. A 40 will shift up faster, but may not (on a diamond drive sled), shift all the way out, and may not have enough belt grip.

Premium Features