• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 tips and clutching,

S
Dec 8, 2007
Saskatchewan
just bought a 2010 m8 sno pro, mostly stock ( can, vents) and i ride in flatland saskatchewan, but am going out west soon, regarding the stock clutching im not sure what to do, i dont wanna be clutching on the hill, i wanna have this thing ready to go before i leave, regarding the secondary what kind of helix?? i have searched and searched and everyone has a different opionion,straight 36 in now, was thinking a 46-38 progressive or somewhere along those lines , any thoughts?? i have a 47-41 progressive in my flatland m6,(which works great out here) im gonna try it just for the hell of it maybe that will steer me in the right direction,

also plan on doing geo mod before i go, lower front arm or will it trench to much? got a anti stab already

thanks for the help

Last edited:

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I've tried multiple set ups concerning the suspension and I prefer the front suspension arm in the stock (upper hole) position. I do run the "geo" mod at the rear swing arm mount.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Helix

Leave the helix. Maybe a 42/36 or a 40/36, but no more. Your belt heat will be crazy high with any more angle.

I also just bought a 2010 m8 this year, heres what im running, 143-290 primary, 71.8 gram weight, 44/34 helix and the rest stock. Was told yo just switch to stock 63 gram weights for 6-10000 ft. Where in Saskatchewan are you from? Snow is almost completely melted by Saskatoon.

S
Dec 8, 2007
Saskatchewan
from alvena,35 minutes west of saskatoon hwy 41, still some snow out here should be able to do a few small test runs tomorrow, i hope, with stock 68 gram weights i was at 8240 full throttle, which seems good, i figered i would need heavier considering im at 2000 feet or so,

sure seems like these ho 800 have light weights, cat recommend s 71.5 gram for out here, m6 is recommended 70,

Last edited:
Premium Features