• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

helix's , I have no idea what to get

S
Dec 8, 2007
Saskatchewan
Im running a 07 m6 153 at about 3000 ft elevation, i love the sled and it has been clutched in the primary but the secondary hasnt been touched, cat recommends a 44/40 helix and now a stock 36 is in it, is it worth spending 150+ dollars up here in canada for one or should i just leave it alone? Im also getting a shift assist if that matters... sled is all stock except clutching. What should I do? Im happy now but maybe i would be happier:D how would it effect my top speed and acceloration? thanks

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Glenn after comming from a M7 setup, i definitly hear you on the 07 up helix/cap being retarded. How did you go about running the older style helix/end cap with the tension adjuster? That would be choice!
Brian

S
Dec 8, 2007
Saskatchewan
with the adjustable one what will it enable me to do differently compared to what i can do now? more belt pressure? isnt the newer style adjustable by taking out or adding spacers? or is that just the deflection

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
I went with the 44/40

I just put on a 44/40 the other weekend and it really helped me out on the bottom but now i'm thinking about throwing some 57/63 gears in it too.

Last edited:
Premium Features