• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I am looking for some of your wisdom!

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
i have a 09 M8 with slp pipe kit running 0-3000' i live at sea level and sometimes sled on the frozen ocean.

sled mods are,

-slp pipe kit
-cutler adjustable weights
-speedwerx 140/335 primary spring
-bdx 40/36 helix with shift assist
-gauge cage
-2 cool side vents
i think thats about it

i am looking to add some porting over the summer and maybe some head work.

thoughts are so far
porting by slp pr rk tek
headwork by either or maybe the D&D shim kit.

help me out with what you think might be a good set up

the sled runs very very strong right now over a stock machine but i want more

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Dakota performance, the m8's I have seen with there porting ran the best, not by far better than the others but you could tell it was stronger, and MDS clutch weights.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Best advice I can give is listen to the guys from low elevation. Porting and pipes are different for different elevations. A good mountain setup will run like crap at low elevation and vice-versa. I doubt your slp pipe is doing you any favors at such low elevation but works great up high. Speedwerx and D&D probably have some of the best setups for under 5000'

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Actually the SLP single pipe setup works pretty darn well at low elevation on the 09 M8, several running in the Yoop with good results, you could always email john dee over at WWW.johndee.com and ask him about his 09 with the SLP setup. When it comes to the porting though, that is where you want a company with proven results and a strong setup for low elevation. I believe Slp has a performance edition setup with porting and pipe for low elevation guys. Since you already have the pipe that may be a good start. I have used D&D products in the past on my M series with good results, I have also heard good things from Speedwerx and RKtek

Stack

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
set up

i have a 09 M8 with slp pipe kit running 0-3000' i live at sea level and sometimes sled on the frozen ocean.

sled mods are,

-slp pipe kit
-cutler adjustable weights
-speedwerx 140/335 primary spring
-bdx 40/36 helix with shift assist
-gauge cage
-2 cool side vents
i think thats about it

i am looking to add some porting over the summer and maybe some head work.

thoughts are so far
porting by slp pr rk tek
headwork by either or maybe the D&D shim kit.

help me out with what you think might be a good set up

the sled runs very very strong right now over a stock machine but i want more

hey troyburt,

you need to talk to F_ast or ditch'rocket/destroyer on here,HCS,or arctic chat
these two are my buddys running basically the same set up as you but with a little less in some areas and a little more in others....and let me tell you first hand...i thought my 2010 crossfire 800 H.O. was fast!!! ...NOPE... these boys ran circles around me with their 2009 CF 800's
one runs a full SLP pipe set up,D&D shim kit,programmer and timing key, the other the exact same set up but with a BMP pipe set.
the D&D shim kit works...trust me.and not too bad to install,set aside a day for everything.
this is a pic of ryan(F_ast) and his 2009,both ryan and johnnys sleds are f*cking stump pullers...oh and by the way.... yes 0-3000 feet here in ontario

ry guy.jpg

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
thanks guys! much appreciated! i actually have the speedwerx pipe set for my elevation and i couldn't get it dialed in at all and i gave up. went with the slp and haven't looked back. i have ran circles with my machine around my friends stock ski-doo's or cat's where mine is built for which is deep snow. i have it dialed in right now but like everybody i want just that little bit more!

i am looking into getting some porting and i have been looking into getting the D&D shim kit. i have been talking to F_ast before and he has got a good set up

Premium Features