• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP big bores - lets compare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
no dyno's dont win races! But they will show where the powers made! If there motor makes 172hp at 8200 rpm, and only makes 120 for 7000-8000 who wants a peaky motor? And what air flow at 172hp did it make? You can read a lot from dyno numbers! And im glad to see none of the big talkers could post there dyno numbers! Why?

Because of crap like this...we suk if we post...we suk if we dont...I let my customers doo the talking...BJ

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
.....Someday you will come to the JH Hillclimb and if your lucky enough to get a peak inside Team Arctic Cats trailer you will witness a full blown race shop complete with dyno so there Team racers know exactly what HP there machines are capable of on race day. These race Teams are so sophisticated at the race track that they leave nothing unturned when it comes to winning....

Dyno's are only as good as the operator. The only thing a dyno is good to the average joe - is for telling you where the power is being made, so that you can clutch a sled accordingly. Guys like RKT and Big John use dyno's to see what porting, head mods, etc are doing to the power in the motor (making more/less, at what RPM, etc). Just a reference to you since you are hung up on AC and how much HP they can make on race day......Years back, AC claimed 145 HP from the 700. The "Dyno" charts indicated a BSFC value of 0.49 in the upper RPM where all the "power" was being made. You won't make it out of the parking lot with values that low.

Cold motor and hot pipe = big HP numbers.
"Pre-production" pipe designs and no baffling in silencers = big HP
Low BSFC values = big HP

Lots of ways to operate a dyno.

Show up on the hill and run what ya brung. This is where the rubber hits the snow.

NSC

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Get off your high horse BJ , and post the dyno results of your motors ?

OT

My dyno sheets are listed below...and since there is a HP diff from a 2007 860R REV and a 2008 860R XP...one would guess its "from a dyno"...but there I go thinking again...BJ

BTW- when are going to contribute anything to this forum??? besides jello shots?? LOL

O
Aug 17, 2009
My dyno sheets are listed below...and since there is a HP diff from a 2007 860R REV and a 2008 860R XP...one would guess its "from a dyno"...but there I go thinking again...BJ

BTW- when are going to contribute anything to this forum??? besides jello shots?? LOL

BJ, your dyno sheets are know where to be seen or found.

When are you going to contribute your dyno sheets to the SW forum instead of your lip service BULL SH!T ?

OT

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Odd that the ignore feature isnt more widely used.........some must love wrestling with pigs.

The funny thing is...its good for business...the MORE OT drools his useless, baseless, un-informed BS:rolleyes:...my phone rings off the hook:beer;...just like on Dootalk, there's a dipstick on there too...when I mentioned his HELP he disappeared...wonder if it will work here???:light:-LOL-BJ

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Here's a hypothetical scenario:

100 people telling you the complete opposite of what you believe, and yet you stay convinced that you are correct.

if it was me, I would open my eyes to the reality of what everyone around me was saying, instead of being stuck in an alternate reality.

I'm just saying.

NSC

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
There are 100's people that since ArrogantJohn stated that the TRA Ramps Are Fixed & Don't Move a few seasons ago believe that 2. LOL

There are also 100's of people that think you are pretty silly for making a statement that the ramps do move. By your logic process, the cylinders move too! When the sled is shut off and parked on the trailer, I can unbolt and move my cylinders up and down, just like your ramps.

Your comment on the fixed ramp thread is exactly my point. 100's of people telling you that you were wrong, yet you insisted you were right. You just don't seem to get it that you were beat with knowledge on Page 1 of this thread, but yet here you are, Page 33? 34? still determined to make some point about HP or something when the contributing engine builders on here have repeatedly asked you to come and ride/race them, but yet, you'll start another thread about trackspeed and avoid the real issue. Their motors make power and your's doesn't. Its not their fault you can't keep up with a stock sled on your BB. If you were as cocky on a sled as you are on the keyboard, you probably would have already accepted their challenge. Who's not contributing to the forum (as per your signature) now? What has name calling contributed to the forum (re: your name calling of Big John) Maybe "you're part of the problem" OT? Do you think calling other people names helps your credibility?

Seriously though, you would never touch my sleds. Your basis of knowledge scares me to the point that I wonder if you know which end of sparkplug goes in the cylinder.

Anyway, I'm done debating with you, since the fixed ramp thread where you got beat down with plain old experience, is long since over and I just don't have the time to play games anymore.

Later man.
NSC

O
Aug 17, 2009
There are also 100's of people that think you are pretty silly for making a statement that the ramps do move. By your logic process, the cylinders move too! When the sled is shut off and parked on the trailer, I can unbolt and move my cylinders up and down, just like your ramps.

Your comment on the fixed ramp thread is exactly my point. 100's of people telling you that you were wrong, yet you insisted you were right. You just don't seem to get it that you were beat with knowledge on Page 1 of this thread, but yet here you are, Page 33? 34? still determined to make some point about HP or something when the contributing engine builders on here have repeatedly asked you to come and ride/race them, but yet, you'll start another thread about trackspeed and avoid the real issue. Their motors make power and your's doesn't. Its not their fault you can't keep up with a stock sled on your BB. If you were as cocky on a sled as you are on the keyboard, you probably would have already accepted their challenge. Who's not contributing to the forum (as per your signature) now? What has name calling contributed to the forum (re: your name calling of Big John) Maybe "you're part of the problem" OT? Do you think calling other people names helps your credibility?

Seriously though, you would never touch my sleds. Your basis of knowledge scares me to the point that I wonder if you know which end of sparkplug goes in the cylinder.

Anyway, I'm done debating with you, since the fixed ramp thread where you got beat down with plain old experience, is long since over and I just don't have the time to play games anymore.

Later man.
NSC

It's silly to think there are peps who still think the ramps don't move.

OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features