• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xcf troubleshooting

Has anyone ever had a sled that has idled perfect but has no power at all? I would explain everything we have checked but obviously we are looking over something elementary.

Any help will be most appreciated

Idle

I had a 340 liquid that was that way. Changed the belt, went through the clutches, everthing. Ended up being the CDI. No test for them, have to try another one to see if it fixes it. Luckily my dealer had one at the time and let me stick it on in his parking lot. Fixed the problem so I bought it. Maybe you could throw a timing light on it and see if it advances the timing correctly as you open the throttle with the track on a stand.

I assume it ran right before and that you haven't changed anything.

Yes it ran fine before. It's really intermittent, you can get a good pull out of it and then it looses all power again. I'll check out the timing.

Thanks bb454

idle

If it's intermitten, chase the wires for a short. Unplug the key switch and try it. Check the square white plug down by the pull starter. Unplug it and look at all of the metal contacts. I have seen them short out and burn down there. Apply die electric grease to help waterprooof. Also check the wires going into the motor. May have a rub or insulation break down there.

Premium Features

Back