• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What kind of goggles do you use?

Nov 26, 2007
A-Town
the 509's for me fog easly and i think i messed up the lens changing them from amber/chrome to clear...i had to take them off yesterday and go back to my dragon dx's because i couldnt get them to stop fogging and couldnt get the ice off the len's...my helmet is a kbc moto helmet my dragons fit awsome in it not so much for the 509's and there is also a little black part on the top of the 509 frames that comes off very easly almost lost it yesterday dunno what it does its preassure fitted into the top arch of the frames...for 60 bucks i could have another set of dragons and 2 new len's which im about to order any ways...ive heard yellow works best in flat light but i think there really isnt much you can do about it...but as for the 509's not very impressed so far mabey they work better in warmer weather

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
Spy

I bought some SPY googles last week with Persimmon colored lens's and they were great in the flat light at Placer. We compared them to amber , yellow and rose and everyone agreed they were much better.

H

HardcoreAK

Nov 3, 2001
North Road
Enuf with the martha stewart crap

WTF Is persimion? (sp?)

This is how it was laid out by an optometrist:

Yellow, Orange, Pink, and Blue are all "inclement weather" lenses intended to help gather light and add more definition of shades and grays for different peoples eyes, you all have different eye colors... wearing these colors in bright sun can damage your vision...so I was told.

Tint, Smoke, Brown and Chrome are best for Sunny conditions to protect your eyes from the extreme UV from the snow, hence sunglasses are most all these colors; except the blu-blocker junk

Ask a pilot

I like my beer goggles for most every condition afternoontime....Yeah.:beer;
makes a bumpy trail LESS visible every time!

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
Dr. Phil

Thanks for setting me straight Dr Phil! Those damn google manufactures tricked me into thinking their lense actually worked! Please ignore my last post!

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
I wear Oakley O-Frames and they seem to do the best about fogging combined with a NO FOG mask. I have had the goggles for close to 5 years now, im gonna try some of the persimmon inserts when I make it back in March.

I wear glasses as well, Ive tried probably 5-10 combo's and that seems to work the best for me as far as clearance with goggles on and glasses at the same time, most goggles wont accomodate glasses very well, the Oframes seem to do a good job.

I am gonna try some of the Zooke myself.

Premium Features