• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What kind of goggles do you use?

I
Nov 26, 2007
I like orange for most conditions, clear is best for flat light. Blue is good for bright days.

I
Nov 26, 2007
I had some pro grips with light sensitive lenses, they always seemed too dark for me, especially in flat light.

S
Nov 26, 2007
North Pole , Alaska
Doug,
You just need to get out in front so you dont need em.
I just got a pair of light sensitive Pro Grips for Christmas but havent tried them yet. Saw another post of yours, The KING must have got his 800.

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
go get the eyes checked i heard those are the frist to go with old age...

i just got the 509's this year witht he blue lens and seems ok for the sunny days they don;t seem to fit my helmet very well

and Spy Blizzards witha amber lens for the flat days like those goggles the best

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Yellow/Amber lens on flat light days and blue for sunny days. I also use the smith warp stars, oakley o-frames and scott hi-voltage 2's. Smith has the nice light sensitive lens too, works great.

Nov 26, 2007
A-Town
i use the 509's with clears they dont fit well in my helmit and fog kinda easy...but the clear lens is the best way to go for me i have found we do have alot of flat light riding up here but on the sunny days ill use my dragons with amber lens

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
All I have is Oakleys

Flat light, A-frames with Hi intensity Yellow, If they get to wet I go to O-frames with persimmions.

Blue bird, O-frame with chrome lense

What I do to keep them from fogging is to not taking them on and off all the time. If I am only goin to be stoped for a little while I keep them on. And I also use a breath deflector.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Scott 89ii, best goggle I've owned. I switch between light sensitive and amber for flat light. The 89ii's have not fogged up on me once, they have foam that covers the bare spot on your cheeks between your bacalava and your goggle's and your forehead that most goggle's lack.

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK

907powdercat, I've been looking at the 509's, what type of helmet do you use? I wear a full face motocross helmet and my scott OTG goggles fit nice and snug. I heard the chrome lense on the 509's worked good for flat light! Are they worth the $60?

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
I ordered the 509's off snowest and that same night ran into a deal on a set of Unex goggles. Had both sets out west over Christmas and real like the Unex more of a ski goggle but don't fog nearly as easy as the 509's . The kicker is I only had to pay ten bucks for them.

Premium Features