• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

** Turny Updates **

Turny was beautiful and blue bird. Great snow on the front side agian. Starting to get tracked up so Im sure there gonna be itching to get over.

Because those things don't happen to guys like me I can just out run em anyways ( I got real fast sled) Those avy things only happen to the slow fella's, my sleds so fast I don't even carry avy gear (that stuff just weighs you down) because when your this good nothing can happen to you.

Sad thing is people act like this all the time and ride in mountains that are all but screaming at you to stay away.
Big mountain skills or hospital bills

with the "skull and bones" report on the AVY site, I am happy with the flats right now.

and i HATE to say that, but know its the smartest way to ride for the weekend.

with the "skull and bones" report on the AVY site, I am happy with the flats right now.

and i HATE to say that, but know its the smartest way to ride for the weekend.

Yep, definetely like a game of russian roulette for real out there right now. We don't need another one while the last one is still on the mountian.

please be safe where ever you ride this weekend rember to check avy conditions and replace batterys in you becons if needed

recon flight

Flew over turny today to check it out. Looks like some brave souls have been riding the back bowls.

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

Main Bowl
IMG_1665.jpg

Main Bowl
IMG_1668.jpg

Main Bowl
IMG_1670.jpg

Last edited:
Nice

There calling for some new snow today and tonight, up to 8 inches. The flats shouldn't be bad to rip around and work on the flying skills for sure. The temps have stayed fairly mild, so snow shouldn't be that bad. Anyone been there in the last couple of days? Tim. Sat looks good.

"brave" is not the word I would have used...

Your right, bad choice. I was using the correct words while I was overhead looking at all the tracks in the back bowls. Before I flew over main bowl, I was looking at a slide that ran the length of the entire valley. Imagine a slide from Pyramid Peak to main bowl, thats how long the slide was the next valley to the west of turny.

Turnagain Friday

Went there today with C-Bolt, Trav907,Nikoli, had a pretty decent day considering the flat light and snow. Got a few pics of a step-up we were hitting.

IMG_2478.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2492.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2487.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2486.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2489.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2490.jpg
[/IMG]