• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

** Turny Updates **

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
rode turny today along with the other 10 people that where their....

bluebird skies, warm weather........ snow was not that great at all. Go anywhere type snow....wind blown pretty bad in some spots... heard they got 14".....they never got it, or it was all windblown. If you could break through the crust layer it was better! In some spots there was a good 6"-8" of pow. Rode to the top thinking it would be better if any on the other side. Met some guys that where coming back out and said it was about the same. Snow can still slide. We did see some large chunks break off, Watch out! none the less we made the best of it and had a blast!!:D:cool:

some pics will be posted soon.....

Last edited:
B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
I didn't ride for 8 weeks... and I am not supposed to go yet BUT I promised to ride like a little girl and be safe, so I got to go :D

We passed by Turny this morning on the way to Lost Lake and didn't see a soul in the parking lot. Avy danger is still very high - so it made sense why hardly anybody went there. Well, after going half mile up the icy trail at Primrose, we turned around and went back to Turny and saw that some people had showed up - but that was the least crowded I have ever seen that place.

I came out of a cast last week and having NO strength in my left arm, I wasn't about to risk re-breaking it and being out for the rest of the season just because of trying to get into the playground at Lost Lake, but the guys from our group that stayed and fought the ice, pulling sleds up some of the hills by hand, found some awesome pow there (that figures).

So, I did a whopping 10 miles on the front side of Turny with the kiddo while the boys checked out the back side. Normally I would say it wasn't worth it since it was pretty tracked up, but I'm sooooo glad I was able to finally get out for a little girlie ride on a beautiful day ~ ~ thank you guys so much for pacifying me and making sure I was okay :)

But next weekend we go north ;)

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
I was up at Placer late last night doing some test n tune on the new rebuild and it was snowing pretty damn good all last night so I'm sure they got some good snow up at Turny. You could not see a thing last night so it should be some kick *** riding!

J
Dec 7, 2008
Alaska
Yeah, only reason im headin down there is cuz i got a kids bachelor party tonight so I'm not feelin the early wake up for the northern spots haha. I'll post an update if its any good tomorrow, although it sounds like it wont be... oh well better then not ridin at all.:(

J
Dec 7, 2008
Alaska
Rode turny today, went up to the top, didnt even bother dropping in, the snow was extremely windblown and crusted, with no powder to be found ANYwhere, don't waste the gas tomorrow go up north or placer. Also, the trail coming down was sketch with the lack of soft snow, so be careful if you do go up, we were hauling *** on the way down, thought i was gonna run right into a gulley for a sec:o

L
Feb 23, 2009
Anchorage
Shorty907 and I are thinking about heading down tomorrow late morning, make sure the sun gets up. We could switch to the 4 place if some one is looking for a ride. If you're lookin to ride tomorrow as long as the sun is shining I'll probably skip out on work around 9ish, shoot me a message and we'll go from there.

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Turny was deep, 2 Ft.+ new snow. Light was flat but stil had a good time.

JasonAK

Premium Features