• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRACKSPEED..Turbo VS BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
When is enough, enough. Give it a rest man. Wait till we have snow and you and Kelsey meet with your pump gas M8 turbo or Dragon. Kelsey will bring his 860 and we'll see. Until then let it go.

Reactions: NoSecondChances
O
Aug 17, 2009
It's a simple valid question madmax.....Some of the BB builders on this forum make the claim that there stuff is faster or just as fast a turbo setup. When asked to post there dyno results or trackspeed result the BB builders run and hide or attempt to spout off there arrogant babble in an attempt to avoid the question.

Hmmmmmm.

OT

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I ran my pump gas MT1000 (running 5#'s) against Kelsey's 860. I pulled him on the top as expected, but he did jump ahead and was in my hip pocket the whole way!! That's right, unlike many of the big talkers on here, I actually showed up and road with him!! Btw, was an amazing ride to boot!!

OT - What is your real life experience??

Last edited:
Reactions: NoSecondChances
O
Aug 17, 2009
I ran my pump gas MT1000 (running 5#'s) against Kelsey's 860. I pulled him on the top as expected, but he did jump ahead and was in my hip pocket the whole way!! That's right, unlike many of the big talkers on here, I actually showed up and road with him!! Btw, was an amazing ride to boot!!

OT - What is your real life experience??

My Trygstad BB get beat by the turbo boys everytime. I might get the hole shot but not buy very much and 1/3rd of the way up the hill the the turbo blows right on by.

My trackspeed is in the low 40 mph range and dropping as i crest the hill, while the turbo is in the upper 40 mph range and holding trackspeed in untracked snow.

OT

Last edited:
O
Aug 17, 2009
Well, to give you an idea, Kelsey was seeing high 40's-low 50's while I was seeing high 50's.

CC, if your seeing high 50's or 10 mph faster as you state the contest isn't even close.....

Next time your out in your car drive 45mph and watch all the other cars doing 55mph drive right by you... Not even close

I can't wait to see a BB doing low 50's while climbing in untraked snow. Or were you on hard pack ?

OT

Last edited:
C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Untracked snow. Do you understand the theory of momentum and acceleration?? And track speed doesn't neccesarily equal ground speed. Remember, we started from a dead stop. Also, we figured Kelsey had about an 80 lb advantage between him and the sled over me and my sled. Also, the Doo had a 16" wide track compared to a 15" wide, so he was able to get up on the snow and moving faster than me. At the top, I had passed him and was pulling away.

If you want to see closer to 50 mph track speed, you better thorw out that Trygstad junk and get an SHR or RKT 860!! :) Trigstad may do great on the hardpack hills at the Jackson Hillclimb, but the SHR and RKT 860 rule the roost in the deep pow!!

Last edited:
C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
OT - Just so you know, ground speed wins, not track speed!! As you know from your track stand racing you can turn the track 100 mph with ramps moving or not, but your 0 mph ground speed wont win you anything!! LOL :D

O
Aug 17, 2009
Im not sure what deck of cards your playing with CC...What the heck is ground speed ??....Last i check the ground is stationary while its your track speed that propells the rider/machine up the hill, across the flats hardpack or powder....Nice try CC, your not fooling anyone either with your ground speed.

CC lets us know what a car that is going 55 mph is doing, while you are driving 45 mph. My guess is the car going 55 mph will be blowing by you.

CC, does your speedo measure ground speed as well ?

OT

O
Aug 17, 2009
CC, after doing some research on ground speed it's what aircraft pilots use to measure air speed based on a fixed point on the earth. For instance if you ever flown on an airplan that has the TV screen mounted on the back of each seat the TV screen will display a fixed position on the earth to determine the speed of the airplane, Wind speed can and will have an effect on an airplanes speed as it's relative to the ground speed.

So CC again how does ground speed of an airplane come remotely close to trackspeed of a snowmobile ?

This should be good. LOL

OT

O
Aug 17, 2009
Untracked snow. Do you understand the theory of momentum and acceleration??

I sure do CC, everytime i sqweeze the flipper my sled gains momentum and acceleration and the track will spin faster as a result aka TRACKSPEED. This will occure weather your riding a turbo sled or an N/A sled, pump gas or 100% sunoco.

Certain conditions such as climbing in deep deep snow can slow the sleds momentum/acceleration due to snow load, elevations & temps and other variable factors.

OT

B
Dec 8, 2007
No cure for stupid!

I used to read this sight to learn, not anymore. I cant take it anymore.
2" Track spining 45mph in fresh = @ 20 mph ground speed.
2.5" Track spining 45 mph in fresh could = @ 25 mph ground speed.
Take a 3/4" short track, spin at 45 mph in fresh, then get out the shovel because you have 0 mph ground speed regardless of wind, air speed or cloud formations! OT, you sir are idiot!

Reactions: Doo37

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Our 174 2.5 spinning about 42 will WALK ON our stock 163's spinning 45-48......these are not 'peak", but sustainable speedo indicated speeds on a deep climb.
I'm shooting for mid 50's with a 163 this year on my little BB. :)
It's all about the combination of speed and traction, more track speed is always better of course, but a sled that hooks up better will go faster/higher. Get a combination of both to get the hi-mark!
Just for comparison, the turbo's I have been around CLAIMED higher track speeds....but why was even my STOCK rev in front of them in some cases?

Last edited:
N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
CC, after doing some research on ground speed it's what aircraft pilots use to measure air speed based on a fixed point on the earth.

Measuring speed relative to a point on the ground.......hmmmm sounds like ground speed to me. I had to jump in here before you made anymore stupid statements that will confuse unknowning sledders. I honestly can't believe you write this sh_t.

Better to have 100 mph track speed and 100 mph ground speed, than 100 mph track speed and 10 mph ground speed.

CC is right and you are wrong OT. Just stop now, before you embarrass yourself anymore.

NSC

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
what about weight OT

a sled thats 50lbs heavier but makes a couple more mph trackspeed does not matter now does it.

trackspeed is important but not everything.

O
Aug 17, 2009
You guys are full of your selves....The only reason guy's are purchasing turbo kit's, BB kit's & NOS kits would be to increase there "trackspeed".

Who gives a F:DCK about ground speed anyway ??.....Hey dude that was some pretty awesome ground speed your sled makes. YAH RIGHT !!!!

Good grief some of you guy's need to take the rocks out of your pockets and get real. :eek:

OT

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
The only full of themselves is you OT. Never met anyone who knows so much about nothing like yourself!! I got a question for you, see if you can get this one right!!

1000' climb, no tracks, 3' of bottomless powder, no run at the hill. Who climbs out, A or B??

A - Turbo M800 running 10 lbs boost, 200 lb rider, 136" x 15" x 1" track, 55 mph track speed.

B - Stock XP800, 220 lbs rider, 163" x 16" x 2.25" track, 45 mph track speed.

And lets see if we agree that in order to move from the bottom of the hill to the top of the hill, you will need acceleration and velocity (both of which are ground speed).

I am betting you are arrogantly stupid enough to answer A!!!

Oh ya, and when we come riding up there this year, I will be bringing 2 Struther's 910's, an RKT860 and a little ole Cat 900. I will only say this, you better bring your "A" game!! And please, bring the Trygstad 860!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features