• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

**thunder mtn - grand mesa 09-10**

C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
Not good.

Well, it may be a while before I enjoy the lovely snow on GM. Seized a crank bearing on Saturday. :mad:

I don't have the know-how to fix this, so it will have to go to the dealer. $$$$$$$$$$:mad::mad:

Anybody ever have this happen? What did it cost to fix? It looks like the whole bottom end will need to be rebuilt, and who knows if the crank it's self is still good.

Hopefully I'll be back on the snow by Jan. :face-icon-small-dis

W
Bohica!!

Stop on by, running around trying to get units out for customers since all the snow has fallen. 9-5pm. Keith arrives on Saturday... come and ride.

I have Saturdays and Sundays off, lets ride. Parents will be in town through Jan 6th. starting on the 20th.

Oh I 'm on a Doo again.. lol!!

Nice to see you back Ed!!!! I'll swing by the Argo Dealership and say hi this week.

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
Another good day!!!!!!!!

Snow is basing up well after this weekends storm. Great midweek ride with Ray, Charlie, and Shawn. With Baxter Pass this good, I wonder what the Mesa is like???? Nicer visor Ray!!!!!!

DSC_0034-1.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0103-1.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0148-1.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: corpeleven
C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
Nice!!

OH MAN! Baxter is PRIME!

Looks like I won't be hitting it up untill January, just in time for it to be even deeper. I left my sled in some VERY capable hands tonight, and *should* have it in time for a Christmas....on Cumbres Pass! Fingers Crossed.....!:D

L

landon283

Nov 26, 2007
Edmore, ND
So does is this snow usually there to stay or what's it usually like out there? We have a trip planned for Grand Lake first week in january and were thinking about switching it up and heading to either Grand Mesa or Buffalo Pass or wherever there is elsewhere. Any suggestions on where we could/should change our trip to or is CO looking like it's going to have to wait another year for us and we'll just hit up Cooke? Any answers and help is appreciated. Thanks

D
Nov 26, 2007
north idaho
i'm heading for delta for x-mas and new years and was looking for a guide to take me back into some of the old stopming grounds of the days i grew up riding back on the mesa. having said that, the pics of what you guys are calling baxter pass looks alot like what i remember the back or north side of craig crest. also wondering if anyone ever heads out to the cottonwood lakes. like i said been bout 15 years since i was there last but thinking i remember there was good riding way out there also. anyone willing to help out would sure be greatly appreciated

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
today.

best ride to date.......base is awesome if ya know where to look...4-6feet...
bohica, creamboat, sledrush and our new friend...

Kestrel
P1000660-1.jpg

George
P1000654-1.jpg

P1000658.jpg

Last edited:
C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
Nice.

Looks good. I'm sure you'll all be delighted to hear that the Black Plague is back up and running, and with Durmas tuned clutching, well, it's running stronger than ever......found some AWESOME snow down here in SOCO and New Mexico........HD videos/pics to follow. Can't wait to get back up to GM, but it's Alpine Plateau next weekend for 3 days, and then finally back to the Mesa. Mt Garfield ought to be good by then, who's gonna huck off the top first this year?????

Premium Features