• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

**thunder mtn - grand mesa 09-10**

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
I'm in for a sunday ride, but I hopefully will be plowing snow instead.. Where do you guys ride from? I'm over in Marble, so I'm guessing you drvie in from the other side over by Powderhorn?

We typically ride out of one of two places, the Grand Mesa Visitors Center (north of Cedaredge on hwy 65) or the Bonham trailhead (south of Collbran). We could hook up at the Kebler Trailhead and ride Irwin as well.
Mark

C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
Ryan, My friends who hunt the Alpine took one Bull 3rd season out of 5 tags.
The early season snow pushed most of the Elk down on to the Indian land.
Good luck.

Well, the elk are back up high and THICK. We hunted at close to 11k and within 10 minutes of leaving the truck yesterday I could have shot 6 different bulls, including a 6x6 at 40 yards!:eek: But, alas, I had a cow tag. Got a nice sweet little 2 year year old and my oh my was the tenderloin tasty!:D It snowed 8 inches here at the cabin yesterday and last night. :D:D

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
Well, the elk are back up high and THICK. We hunted at close to 11k and within 10 minutes of leaving the truck yesterday I could have shot 6 different bulls, including a 6x6 at 40 yards!:eek: But, alas, I had a cow tag. Got a nice sweet little 2 year year old and my oh my was the tenderloin tasty!:D It snowed 8 inches here at the cabin yesterday and last night. :D:D

Want to share some of that Tenderloin?????????? Glad to you hear you filled your tag.

B
Sep 24, 2008
Western Slope. Colorado
Took the "rock sleds" out .. was gewd

GetAttachment.jpg

B
Sep 24, 2008
Western Slope. Colorado
sweet sled Bauer!

LOL.. :face-icon-small-hap

What can I say... That lil red phz is fun.. 480cc of fire!!!! :beer; That and the phz's were already on the trailer (I'll dig the Apex out later)

were those yesterday or today?....

Today on the way to lands end. Had wifey along so the phz's were just right.. :cool:

Plus in all honesty.. Those lil bastids are fun.. And if I hit a rock.... I didn't care...

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
updates from ME for the grd mesa have been moved to snowest..........till further notice....

this "one-payer" system is an obomanation, imo......pm me here or at the rebelsite for up to date conditions & pics........

well, they edited my post already...........to sMOwest, not the other site.....just 1 more nail in the coffin, thanx

ray

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
PP - you've been hacked!!! ....by your kind, friendly SW admins with tin-cup in hand.

<<have been moved to snowest..........till further notice....>>

beeeecccceeeeeaaarrr.cawm(best pirate voice) and sledmods.com are the kind destinations!

;-)

Premium Features