• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Peteresville 2008-2009 Conditions*

Almost made it to P'ville today, Rolled the truck doing 55, at some point the trailer seperated hit the snow bank,and I guess at the last second the tie downs snapped because my machines were sitting on the bank unscratched. My roof and windshield look pretty rough, but after getting towed home and blowing out 2 qts. of oil out of the cylinders she's running fine. Thanks to everyone who stopped to make sure we were OK...

dootalkcrash.jpg

Almost made it to P'ville today, Rolled the truck doing 55, at some point the trailer seperated hit the snow bank,and I guess at the last second the tie downs snapped because my machines were sitting on the bank unscratched. My roof and windshield look pretty rough, but after getting towed home and blowing out 2 qts. of oil out of the cylinders she's running fine. Thanks to everyone who stopped to make sure we were OK...

Sorry to hear , I'm glad you thought to blow the oil out of the cylinders , don't need any bent crankshafts now do we ?

How much new snow is in the hills? I am thinking off taking tomorrow off and heading that way. Just want to make sure it is worth it.

Holly crap Sr :eek:

Glad your OK and at least the sleds are good to go! :beer;

Dang, glad everyone was ok! They hadn't dirted the roads or is it just that bad?

I had let Jr. drive, roads were wet till just past Talkeeetna spur, no sand past there. We were in 2WD and the rear end kicked out on him and we were on our way. Took a 4X6 and straightened the roof out pretty well, had speedy glass install a new windshield and went to Six Roblees and got a new axle and receiver. All in all in it's costing me about 900.00 to get my equipment back in reasonable operating condition, but I must say the experience my son and I shared for that few seconds really changed how we see each other. We've really bonded together more than ever, sitting on the side of that road. Must be that mortality thing. I will make P'ville next Sat, however, I think I'll drive this time...;)

I had let Jr. drive, roads were wet till just past Talkeeetna spur, no sand past there. We were in 2WD and the rear end kicked out on him and we were on our way. Took a 4X6 and straightened the roof out pretty well, had speedy glass install a new windshield and went to Six Roblees and got a new axle and receiver. All in all in it's costing me about 900.00 to get my equipment back in reasonable operating condition, but I must say the experience my son and I shared for that few seconds really changed how we see each other. We've really bonded together more than ever, sitting on the side of that road. Must be that mortality thing. I will make P'ville next Sat, however, I think I'll drive this time...;)

Glad you guys are ok...eqipment can be fixed/replaced...family and friends cant ...

Pretty sweet day today at Petserville .Climbed a prodigious amount of hills , played in the pow , popped wheelies in the sunshine , Video coming up as soon as I get it edited .

Heck yeah we climbed it .
IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sweet day today at Petserville .Climbed a prodigious amount of hills , played in the pow , popped wheelies in the sunshine , Video coming up as soon as I get it edited .

Great ride today, dang does that Yammi scream! :eek:

Great ride today, dang does that Yammi scream! :eek:

Thanks man ,80 + miles in the sunshine and pow , doesn't get any better than that ! I didn't even have to use any of your gas . You know your sled would climb better without 13 gallons of gas on the back right ?:)

Dang nice people!

Yesterday afternoon my wifes new doo gas can full of premium fell off her sled over by Kenny Creek Lodge. Someone found it and set it off the side of the trail on a knob in plain sight where we could eaily find it later!

If anyone here did that or knows who did....let me know cause I owe em a 6 pack or their choice! That was awesome!:beer;:D

Yesterday afternoon my wifes new doo gas can full of premium fell off her sled over by Kenny Creek Lodge. Someone found it and set it off the side of the trail on a knob in plain sight where we could eaily find it later!

If anyone here did that or knows who did....let me know cause I owe em a 6 pack or their choice! That was awesome!:beer;:D

So I suppose you were up there with Dragonlady and her Awesome Hubby:rolleyes:

Premium Features

Back