• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Peteresville 2008-2009 Conditions*

Another Deep Weekend!!!!!!

Akz145-060100-
/x.con.pafc.ws.w.0004.000000t0000z-090306t0100z/
susitna valley-
including the cities of...talkeetna...willow...cantwell
908 am akst thu mar 5 2009

...winter storm warning remains in effect until 4 pm akst this
afternoon...

A winter storm warning remains in effect until 4 pm akst this
afternoon.

A winter storm system will keep snow falling across the susitna
valley through thursday evening. Heaviest snowfall is expected to
be north of talkeetna through this afternoon where and additional
6 to 12 inches of snow is expected to occur. Storm total snow
accumulations are expected to range from 18 to 22 inches north of
talkeetna.

A winter storm warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food...
And water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.

This should help you find the fresh pow

AHG_0.png

This storm has been tracking East. From the Talkeetna foothills south Willow, Hatchers and towards Eureka, be nice to know what Pinochle, Gun Sight and Eureka have gotten.

Last edited:
I had the most incredible birthday of my life on Tuesday and Wednesday! We found blue bird skies after noon on Tuesday and fresh untouched snow in the Hills! Wednesday it started to snow so we went boondocking through the trees and it was absolutly awesome!!

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

I ran out of gas right here in the middle of our carving dream!

Last edited:
Those were awesome pics!! AND it's going to be another epic weekend up there!! I can't wait to get out of town today and hit it early tomorrow!!

WOOOHOOOO!!! :D

:beer;:beer;:beer;

Last edited:
My dad called me from, 131 this morning around 9:30.. said it is cold and blue skies... grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: I stayed home this week do to sickness. On a plus side though, I got some stuff done that Ive been putting off..

good day at 127, but they did not get the 18-22 inches of snow that the advisory said on Thursday. Still a lot of good powder to be tracked up. It was negative 1 at the parking lot at 9:30am and +22 at 4:00 when we left.

good day at 127, but they did not get the 18-22 inches of snow that the advisory said on Thursday. Still a lot of good powder to be tracked up. It was negative 1 at the parking lot at 9:30am and +22 at 4:00 when we left.

They got snow. It just blew away Thursday night and Friday morning. You just had to go track it down

Yesterday we went in at 121

It was pretty cool (temp) and went to the hills, pretty blown out, came back and played in a few swamps, could find some decent snow, but pretty blown and riden. Not my best trip, but beautiful sunny day!!!:)

yeah the pvill I was @ was decent down low.
l_daaff8af1793494a8600d765d4d8d944.jpg

l_18dbd6bd578446049db1f38e71a35910.jpg

l_d9c2f54ab4bb43f29bf377e391454751.jpg

making loud noises
Same here. Went back to the hills and it was really wind blown. So we made our way down and played in the trees and swamps. The trail was in really good shape. We made the most of it! It really needs more snow.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back