• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Peteresville 2008-2009 Conditions*

Wow, those pic's tell a bad story:eek: I hope those guys heal up OK. That drop could have been much worse. I guess I wont complain about my day then...I only smoked a piston. For some reason blue bird sky's, fresh deep snow in the hills and WO allllll day = melted piston.

those were the guys i was riding with the day before. my wife was happy that i came home that night and decided to ride hatchers rather than spending a second night. idk, if i was there more than likely they would have taken a different route to meet up with me, probably never would have happened. you just never know. known a couple of them for quite a while. all will survive but a very bad accident. just so everyone knows, it was the beginning of the day, <30 out, and no alcohol was involved.

pv

So.....
rode from 121 today (saturday) and was in chest deep fluffy powder all day. Only put on 17 miles on the odo, used half a tank doing it!!! If you went further back than us, Im sure it got nothing but better. I am jealous of anyone up there tomorrow, weather is supposed to clear out and open up the clouds a little!!!!!!
Couple vids of today, I am the second guy...

So.....
rode from 121 today (saturday) and was in chest deep fluffy powder all day. Only put on 17 miles on the odo, used half a tank doing it!!! If you went further back than us, Im sure it got nothing but better. I am jealous of anyone up there tomorrow, weather is supposed to clear out and open up the clouds a little!!!!!!

I think my dad talked to you guys today before you headed out of the parking lot. We were in the RV with the F450. Great vids definitely an awesome day, unfortunately some mechanical difficulties slowed us down and didnt play long. Yeah I think Sunday or Monday would be an awesome day to ride. Of course this great snow comes right as I have to go back to texas for two weeks. Damn those places with no snow!

those were the guys i was riding with the day before. my wife was happy that i came home that night and decided to ride hatchers rather than spending a second night. idk, if i was there more than likely they would have taken a different route to meet up with me, probably never would have happened. you just never know. known a couple of them for quite a while. all will survive but a very bad accident. just so everyone knows, it was the beginning of the day, <30 out, and no alcohol was involved.

pv

Bad deal right there!

It's a good time to remind the riders in your group to wait until you can see the 1st guy over a drop to ride out at the bottom before following.

I think my dad talked to you guys today before you headed out of the parking lot. We were in the RV with the F450. Great vids definitely an awesome day, unfortunately some mechanical difficulties slowed us down and didnt play long. Yeah I think Sunday or Monday would be an awesome day to ride. Of course this great snow comes right as I have to go back to texas for two weeks. Damn those places with no snow!

Yup! That was us!! Your dad said you rode out with skis pointing the wrong direction...what did you hit?

Yup! That was us!! Your dad said you rode out with skis pointing the wrong direction...what did you hit?

Well that was my brothers 06 rev. Don't know what he hit. He is a newbie at sledding and said he did not feel anything. I would assume he found a tree trunk in one of the meadows maybe? It ruined my day. My 09 started running like crap as well. But that was definitely the best powder of the season! Thankfully I got plenty of great riding in friday. Im off to visit my wife in Texas. we will probably be back at 121 on the 20th. stop by and say hi if you see "the rig" in the parking lot.

rode 127 saturday with akhunter75, NorthWes, and 5 others. GREAT day! You know its good when you get stuck a few yards out of the parking lot! :D Snow was better (deeper) on the low lands... rode back to the mounatins and the weather was toying with us so we didnt travel much further. There was lots of deeep untracked snow to be tracked but dont worry we took the initiative and did that for you :p Great ride! two riders ran out of gas twice and another soldier got towed out as the result of an frozen injector...so we hope!

went to p ville friday night stayed at a buddys cabin. we woke up saturday morning that was 8 to 10 inches of fresh snow sitting on out sleds but the hills were socked in so we ride in the trees . the snow was deep. we found lots of places the now one got to last weekend so it was endless pow. but like always it started to go blue at the end of the day. i will be back on monday if anyone wants to meet up

I will be at Krodo in the morning at 9:30. I will be in a bluish Chevy 2500 quad cab with a black arctic cat in the bed. Meeting up with my boss at the road house at 10. How is the trail? I duno any other way to get there.

rode 127 saturday with akhunter75, NorthWes, and 5 others. GREAT day! You know its good when you get stuck a few yards out of the parking lot! :D Snow was better (deeper) on the low lands... rode back to the mounatins and the weather was toying with us so we didnt travel much further. There was lots of deeep untracked snow to be tracked but dont worry we took the initiative and did that for you :p Great ride! two riders ran out of gas twice and another soldier got towed out as the result of an frozen injector...so we hope!

It was an awesome ride - deepest powder I've ever experienced. Now I know what 'shoulder deep' really means! We played all the way across the flats to the big hill - and then the sun came out so we could feel safe doing some hillclimbs.

I need to upgrade helmet/goggle to end fogging/freezeup issues - it's never good not to be able to see, but in 2' of powder it's really bad to be blind...

n646300681_1458760_3895610.jpg

AKHockey10 carving Cygnet Lake in a blizzard of snow...

n646300681_1458767_638338.jpg

AKHockey10 tops out west of the Tokositna...

attachment.php

The above photo of the 4-sled accident site looks much like where the guy is pictured on the TEKvest testimonial "You saved my life" - from Nov 2006 - shown below. It's what in part persuaded me to buy one two weeks ago when Marita had 'em on sale for 50% off...

John-Chuck.JPG

Will be doing the Ville Saturday and Sunday, Insane, you down? Also if you can get off, Ryan and I will be hitting Hatchers' ,Purchase Creek Wednesday, not sure if we're going West to East or East to West yet, Doo call.

AK49'r, lets make it Fri/Sat at the Ville as have the wife ride on Sun remember? If you have to be back early Fri we could do Palmer side of Smashers!!

Those pics look great, just picked up a 08' 154" Summit after breaking the 03' 900 1M at mile 200 Airport. Going to break it in some more this weekend in Anderson and will be at "The Forks" for the Rodeo the 14th and 15th... who all is going? I only got 49 miles on it, and 2.2 hours... Retard is gone, and ready to Rumble... anyone need a cameraman? got a new 720 Cam and GoProWide Helmet Cam... going to break it all in the next two weeks...

Premium Features

Back