• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*Peteresville 2008-2009 Conditions*

Fast Trails!

Me and pops where there Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Snow was firm which allowed us to climb hills and not worry about getting stuck. but the fun part was petersville road. Finally got our XP suspensions dialed in and hauled arse! The road was smooth and fast! lots of fun, may try for one more ride.

Crash!!!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Heres a couple pics and vid for your viewing pleasure. Im still recovering from the sunburn.

Sidehill fail
DSC01161.jpg

Bail
DSC01170.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

Little bro airing out the Nytro
DSC01176.jpg

Me and the old man
DSC01156.jpg

Jumps and carnage

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Nice pics and video Garrett. You and your dad.....look the same :)

Thanks for the warning about the language on the video, my daughter just learned a new word...ha ha ha. That will teach me to play it with the sound on. Your dad has a great laugh...:)

Later

Joe

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Haha sorry about that I was going to lay music over the clips but I didnt get around to it. Thats also no my dad with the crazy laugh. Thats our friend andy, from Kentucky.

DISCLAIMER: One of the clips maint contain a single instance of profanity. I apologize.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Haha sorry about that I was going to lay music over the clips but I didnt get around to it. Thats also no my dad with the crazy laugh. Thats our friend andy, from Kentucky.

DISCLAIMER: One of the clips maint contain a single instance of profanity. I apologize.

Better late then not at all!! LMAO, looks fun Garrett!!:D
Like the child had never heard that around dear ol daddy c-bolt, they are a quick study in language!!

Last edited:
C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
She said: sh*t? Whats that?

I said: He said Sit, like Sit down.

She said: No, he didn't say that.

I said: Yes he did, oh look at whats on TV...

No harm done, Ive used the "sit" to cover up a bad word before :)

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Maybe you should choose to visit snowest when shes asleep eh Joe? After all this site isnt for 4 yr olds last I checked. Quit being a forum nazi, haha.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Rode P'ville yesterday with a couple of buddies. Snow was a tad firm in the morning but softened up as the day went along. The flat light was horrible for about the firs 3 hours of the ride but eventually got better as the day wore on.
Did some climbing but had to be careful out in the open areas, the flat light would let you see the bumps in the terrain and going too fast was a big risk so we took it easy. Still a lot of snow out there but if the temps continue like they are it won't be there for long.
Stopped by Keeny Creek lodge for beers and a burger and they told us that they are probably closing up shop on the 20th.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Rode there again on Saturday, trail was in very good shape and the snow wasn't too bad. Weather was awesome and we had a great time playing in a creekbed with lots of small steep hills to climb and some decent natural jumps.
Probably the most fun we've had all winter. Snow was firm in the morning but lossened up in the afternoon. Some of the creek are starting to open up a little but we had not issues with it. Wanted to take pics but were too busy playing though we did manage to get some of one of our riders with his sled pinned against a fairly good sized tree.
I'm thinking it might be rideable for at least another 2 weeks. This pic is from the previous weekend, after I put my sled in a hole just below Kenny Creek Lodge.

Petersville 4 Apr 09 012.jpg Petersville 4 Apr 09 010.jpg

Last edited:

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
We're going Saturday but might leave Friday afternoon with the motorhome. Should be some real good riding out there still.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
@ AKSledhead, bummer man, I hope you and your sled made it out ok. As the group I was riding with pulled up to Kenny Creek we rode past a group of five or six guys working on getting a sled out of the hole, I waited for a thumbs up before continuing, and as we sat for a soda, we saw the sled come out, dust off and ride off, south I think.

Less than a few miuntes later, another rider of a group of two rode straight in.

That bomb hole is hungry for sure.

Just south of the lodge on the "main" creek trail right?

There sure is alot of those opening up in that area of course.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Yeah, that second rider had to be me but I was with 3 other riders, wife and 2 friends. Wife kept giving everyone the thumbs up thinking we were just going to pull it out. Left ski was straight up and down and I couldn't get it to budge then someone stopped to help.
We had it out in about a minutes time and I rode it right out. No damage to it other than a little mud on her. Funny thing is, I don't remember seeing any tracks leading into that hole right before I went down in it.
That hole is very evident now and if someone goes into it again, well they are just flat blind as it is a huge hole now. Talked to the folks in Kenny Creek Lodge and they said they saw me and folks were getting a good chuckle out of it which is cool, I would have done the same. We rode back to the truck after I got it out. To say I was whooped after that day of riding is an understatement!!

Premium Features