• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Page 425 of Obama's Health Care Bill ***Not a Joke***

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
This is not a joke, boys and girls. Listen to Fred Thompson’s interview and read the gems below.

Well worth reading.............. We folks on or getting ready for Social Security could be in a lot of trouble if this stupid thing passes.

Subject: Page 425 of Obama's Health Care Bill
Contact EVERY senator and representative. Ask them to read Page 425 of the proposed health care bill

On Page 425 of Obama’s Health Care Bill, the Federal Government will require EVERYONE who is on Social Security to undergo a counseling session every 5 years with the objective being that they will explain to them just how to end their own life earl ier. Yes . . . They are going to push SUICIDE to cut Medicare spending!

Listen to Fred Thompson Interview
Fred Thompson: Interviews

Now, CALL YOUR PEOPLE IN WASHINGTON !!!! Tell them to read page 425 if they don’t read anything else. Surely, some of them have parents.

You might want to forward the following web site address to everyone in your address book. It provides the email address of every elected official in the United States . The web address is www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. It might help others make the necessary contacts regarding page 425 of the proposed health care bill.

On Page 425 it says in black and white that EVERYONE on Social Security (will include all Senior Citizens and SSI people) will go to MANADATORY counseling every 5 years to learn and to choose from ways to end your suffering (and your life). Health care will be denied based on age. 500 billion dollars will be cut from Senior’s healthcare budget. The only way for that to happen is to drastically cut health care. The oldest and the sickest will be cut first. Paying for your own care will not be an option.
Now you know why he's trying to rush this thru for passage -- before the people find out the facts.
Little gems from the Health Care Bill
• Page 16: States that if you have insurance at the time of the bill becoming law and change, you will be required to take a similar plan. If that is not available, you will be required to take the gov option!
• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
• Page 58: Ever y person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
• Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
• Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time20employees AND their families.
• Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll <>BR • Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
• Page 167: Any individual who doesn't have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
• Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
• Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
• Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that. • Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected."
• Page 241: Doctors: no matter what speciality you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
• Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc.
• Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
• Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
• Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
8 0 Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
• Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
• Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited from owning and investing in healthcare companies!
• Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
• Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
• Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
• Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
• Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
• Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
• Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
• Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
• Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in dea th.
• Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
• Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
• Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
• Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
• Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services

redlineguy

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2004
CT
Sounds like a good time:rolleyes:

words....... I can't finds the words that even come close to telling you how pizzed and F ing SICK of our GOV I am!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Now, I'm totally against entitlement health care. (of course I hate insurance companies also). But,

Way I read it, they will assign an advocate for each elderly. Council them about what's available to them. The End-life stuff is nursing care, and what rights they have. Yha, it could mean just about anything, but it doesn't really say anything.

5 SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION.
6 (a) MEDICARE.—
7 (1) IN GENERAL.—Section 1861 of the Social
8 Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395x) is amended—
9 (A) in subsection (s)(2)—
10 (i) by striking ‘‘and’’ at the end of
11 subparagraph (DD);
12 (ii) by adding ‘‘and’’ at the end of
13 subparagraph (EE); and
14 (iii) by adding at the end the fol
15 lowing new subparagraph:
16 ‘‘(FF) advance care planning consultation (as
17 defined in subsection (hhh)(1));’’; and
18 (B) by adding at the end the following new
19 subsection:
20 ‘‘Advance Care Planning Consultation
21 ‘‘(hhh)(1) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), the
22 term ‘advance care planning consultation’ means a con
23 sultation between the individual and a practitioner de
24 scribed in paragraph (2) regarding advance care planning,
25 if, subject to paragraph (3), the individual involved has
1 not had such a consultation within the last 5 years. Such
2 consultation shall include the following:
3 ‘‘(A) An explanation by the practitioner of ad4
vance care planning, including key questions and
5 considerations, important steps, and suggested peo
6 ple to talk to.
7 ‘‘(B) An explanation by the practitioner of ad
8 vance directives, including living wills and durable
9 powers of attorney, and their uses.
10 ‘‘(C) An explanation by the practitioner of the
11 role and responsibilities of a health care proxy.
12 ‘‘(D) The provision by the practitioner of a list
13 of national and State-specific resources to assist con
14 sumers and their families with advance care plan
15 ning, including the national toll-free hotline, the ad
16 vance care planning clearinghouses, and State legal
17 service organizations (including those funded
18 through the Older Americans Act of 1965).
19 ‘‘(E) An explanation by the practitioner of the
20 continuum of end-of-life services and supports avail
21 able, including palliative care and hospice, and bene
22 fits for such services and supports that are available
23 under this title.
1 ‘‘(F)(i) Subject to clause (ii), an explanation of
2 orders regarding life sustaining treatment or similar
3 orders, which shall include—
4 ‘‘(I) the reasons why the development of
5 such an order is beneficial to the individual and
6 the individual’s family and the reasons why
7 such an order should be updated periodically as
8 the health of the individual changes;
9 ‘‘(II) the information needed for an indi
10 vidual or legal surrogate to make informed deci
11 sions regarding the completion of such an
12 order; and
13 ‘‘(III) the identification of resources that
14 an individual may use to determine the require
15 ments of the State in which such individual re
16 sides so that the treatment wishes of that indi
17 vidual will be carried out if the individual is un
18 able to communicate those wishes, including re
19 quirements regarding the designation of a sur
20 rogate decisionmaker (also known as a health
21 care proxy).
22 ‘‘(ii) The Secretary shall limit the requirement
23 for explanations under clause (i) to consultations
24 furnished in a State—
1 ‘‘(I) in which all legal barriers have been
2 addressed for enabling orders for life sustaining
3 treatment to constitute a set of medical orders
4 respected across all care settings; and
5 ‘‘(II) that has in effect a program for or
6 ders for life sustaining treatment described in
7 clause (iii).
8 ‘‘(iii) A program for orders for life sustaining
9 treatment for a States described in this clause is a
10 program that—
11 ‘‘(I) ensures such orders are standardized
12 and uniquely identifiable throughout the State;
13 ‘‘(II) distributes or makes accessible such
14 orders to physicians and other health profes
15 sionals that (acting within the scope of the pro
16 fessional’s authority under State law) may sign
17 orders for life sustaining treatment;
18 ‘‘(III) provides training for health care
19 professionals across the continuum of care
20 about the goals and use of orders for life sus
21 taining treatment; and
22 ‘‘(IV) is guided by a coalition of stake
23 holders includes representatives from emergency
24 medical services, emergency department physi
25 cians or nurses, state long-term care associa-
1 tion, state medical association, state surveyors,
2 agency responsible for senior services, state de
3 partment of health, state hospital association,
4 home health association, state bar association,
5 and state hospice association.

W
Nov 27, 2007
I wouldn't say 90% of Americans have coverage, but if they based their numbers on WORKING Americans, their number would be a lot higher than what they have it at. The whole thing is for lazy Americans who don't want to work and have phukked the system their whole lives anyways.

S
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado
I wouldn't say 90% of Americans have coverage, but if they based their numbers on WORKING Americans, their number would be a lot higher than what they have it at. The whole thing is for lazy Americans who don't want to work and have phukked the system their whole lives anyways.

The numbers from the Census Bureau state over 87% of Americans HAVE coverage. The vast majority of those that don't are males, 18-34 years old that make less than like $40k per year.

Of the famous "46 million" most are illegals. The Obama plan will tax Americans $2500 for not buying coverage. However, illegals are explicitly exempt from the tax.

W
Nov 27, 2007
The numbers from the Census Bureau state over 87% of Americans HAVE coverage. The vast majority of those that don't are males, 18-34 years old that make less than like $40k per year.

Of the famous "46 million" most are illegals. The Obama plan will tax Americans $2500 for not buying coverage. However, illegals are explicitly exempt from the tax.

$2500 per year, per person??

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Has anyone actually read the bill? Don't get me wrong I'm opposed to it but the author of the article posted aqbove has embellished substantually. Go read the real bill and compare to the assertions being made.

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/media/pdf/111/AAHCA09001xml.pdf

You are right about that!! Whoever put that together is really reaching on their interpretation. I'm not for this either, but we still need to look at the facts. It doesn't say or imply anything about suicide....unless hospice care is now suicide ???

Last edited:
S
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado
Has anyone actually read the bill? Don't get me wrong I'm opposed to it but the author of the article posted aqbove has embellished substantually. Go read the real bill and compare to the assertions being made.

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/media/pdf/111/AAHCA09001xml.pdf

I have read a great deal of the bill, HR 3200. I'm not sure if the doc you posted above is the same as the House sent to committee (just noticed it didn't have the bill number yet).

The above listing is not embellished.

The 'health bill' is really all about power over your life. You will NOT keep your plan for very long. You will NOT keep your doctor. You will not be covered for "everything". There WILL be exemptions for treatment. Special Needs patients, such as a person with Downs, may be excluded. They will have complete access to all tax records and your bank account to determine factors for treatment; ability to pay, value of your life (no i'm not exagerating).

Some of the legal-eze makes it sound benign, but this makes the Patriot Act look like a peeping-Tom.

This IS the foundation for a command and control society.

D
Nov 27, 2007
It certainly is embellished. It is one individual's interpretation of the bill. That's what kills me about politics and sheople today. I did not vote for Obama nor will I ever vote for any Democrat. But nonsense like this is no different than when when lefty moonbats distort and lie about conservative policies or the war in Iraq. Maybe a society of sheople needs to be commanded and controlled?

S
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado
Page 167 starting at line 18: Americans who don't have approved coverage will be taxed 2.5% (sorry I said $2500 earlier)

Page 170 lines 1 - 3: non-resident aliens ( illegals ) are exempt from the tax

Pg 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3: will regulate "the number of operating rooms, procedure rooms, or beds of the hospital..." meaning hospitals cannot expand or shrink as needed

Exactly what do you believe is embellished?

S
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado
people complain that insurance companies refuse to pay for care today, but you still can get the care

once government is in charge (picture going to the DMV) they will not only not pay, they will refuse the treatment, the power to do so is in this

there will be a committee to determine the value of your life and balance that with the proposed treatment
Dr. Ezechael Emanuel (Rhom Emauel's brother) will the the czar in charge of all this, he has a long standing position that money spent on the elderly is a "waste"

Fool yourself all you want into believing the best. However, don't try to fool those of us that know the truth.

S
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado
It certainly is embellished.
No... it's not. Even if it were "embellished", that means you agree that essentially it's true.

It is one individual's interpretation of the bill.
No... it's not. Many many intelligent people have read this and come to the same conclusions. None of whom are supporting it in Congress. They're too busy to read legislation.

Maybe a society of sheople needs to be commanded and controlled?
Ok Saddam Hussein.

D
Nov 27, 2007
LMAO how about

• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.

The implication is the gov will be spying on you and ultimately removing funds at their will without your permission. I think the IRS can already do that anyway lol.

You go ahead and worry yourself to death about stuff you have no control over than holding your elected officials accountable for. I will vote for the people who I think will best represent my intersted and then go live my life and enjoy the fruits of my labor. You can spend your time posting political heartburn on SW day in and day out to your life's content. Have fun lol!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Craig Colorado
I'm to the point that I couldn't give a sh!t less wether we get socialized medicine. 15 years ago I had a daughter born 3 months early. She lived 3 1/2months before passing away. I had Aetna insurance, 80/20 up to $5000.00 out of pocket. Sounded good, 1st insurance we ever had. I ended up filing bankruptcy on $450,000.00 that they wouldn't pay. There were several families in the neo natal ward with no insurance, they paid nothing.Zero. Nada.
I now have a policy for me through work and a seperate one for my kids. I pay around $375.00 a month. My oldest daughter just had $900.00 of dental done, insurance paid $43.00. Year to date(august 5th) I have paid out $3900.00 and recieved $43.00 in benifits. There has to be something better. I can't even shop for a different carrier, because NW Colorado is a "high risk area" and there are very few options.
I'm so frustrated I am almost looking forward to the day I can talk to my "end of life councilor".

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The good thing about this.....IF it is ever implemented, and IF it is a disaster, it WILL get changed. If enough people complain or get no/poor care, then changes will be made and it will improve.....anything on this scale will not be perfect right away, it will take time and lots of pissed off people before it works like it should.
I am happy with the system the way it is....even though I have had my share of problems with ins co's.
Everything I read in this is pretty much identical to reading through any large existing insurance policy. I see nothing that makes me think our govt wants me dead or sick....how will I pay them taxes? Why would they want this? Lots of paranioa out there- :beer;:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features