• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oh yeah finally! SNOW COMING!!!!!!

Raining here in Anchorage, people in ditches all over the place, schools are closed and no one is really here at work. Gotta love mother nature...right?

DOT finally got the Turnagain Road weather sensor working but no picture yet. Says 34 degrees and snow depth has gone from 54" to 49":(

Had to pick up some friends at the Airport last night at midnight. Driving from the valley was freezing rain on the way in. At least a dozen cars in the ditch, upside down, sideways etc. On the way home at 3am it was 48 and the wind was whipping! CNN (Communist New Network) said Alaska cold air is crippling the lower 48.....wimps....Oh wait, I was from there once:rolleyes:

CNN (Communist New Network) said Alaska cold air is crippling the lower 48.....wimps....Oh wait, I was from there once:rolleyes:

What about Pacific WARM AIR crippling AK? 70*+ turnaround in under a week! No snow....rain???? This is BULL SH!T!:eek:

Oh ya, last night in the valley at about 1:20 a.m. I saw lightning via cloud to cloud! Saw it about three times out of my window while I was playing xbox. the first time it happened, I thought a transformer blew up. Then I got up to see it happen 2 more times! When I returned to my game zombies made a meal off of me! 2nd time in my life I've seen lightning up here during winter months. Both times during these wind storms.

What about Pacific WARM AIR crippling AK? 70*+ turnaround in under a week! No snow....rain???? This is BULL SH!T!:eek:

Oh ya, last night in the valley at about 1:20 a.m. I saw lightning via cloud to cloud! Saw it about three times out of my window while I was playing xbox. the first time it happened, I thought a transformer blew up. Then I got up to see it happen 2 more times! When I returned to my game zombies made a meal off of me! 2nd time in my life I've seen lightning up here during winter months. Both times during these wind storms.

Hey! My husband was telling me about a brigh flashes in the sky he saw last night. Since it was late at night and few :beer;:beer;:beer; into the evening, I did not pay much attention to it....
But he must have seen what you saw. He googled it, and said it's the St. Elmos fire.... maybe. Soooo, I am glad he was not the only one seeing bright things in the sky last night :D

I thought I heard that we were supposed to get dumped on this weekend. Don't give up on the weekend yet.. :D

Alyeska has gotten 25 inches of new snow in the last 24 hours so hopefully Turnagain and Placer are getting something up high.

I drove from Sewad to Eagle River yesterday leaving at 6:00 AM back at 10:00 PM. It rained all along the Arm & up in to the pass on the way home. Between Summit & Devils Pass it changed to heavy snow mixed with rain. The temps were hovering around 34 -38 degrees the whole way. If it decided to drop just a couple of degrees it would snow & pile up heavily. But it is getting warmer here in Seward and still raining.

I'm heading to Hatchers to check it out.

If it bogus there, I'll try P-ville!

:)
Were supposed to start getting snow saturday, but who knows.

I can see Baldy out my front windows and it lost a lot of snow. Don't know about Hatchers but if it is like Baldy :( A lot of bare ground showing up there..

As soon as it freezes and snows watch out for avy's :( This warm weather is going to create a bad layer....

Premium Features

Back