• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My first and last ride for a while. I keep getting asked what happened....

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
I would find new friends....

But either way it makes me feel better about the 10 pounds of survival gear i have on my back.

B
Nov 29, 2007
Oregon
A fellow told me he took the skies off his sled and tied to his boots to get out, said he would not have made it otherwise. This was 20 years ago, no cell, ect.

M
Nov 26, 2007
central mn
Glad to hear your ok!!:) one of your buds should have ridden out with you:mad: If a guy in our group has problems someone will always go back with them. I may suck but having someone die would suck worse

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
I have spent the night out in the mountains before (not fun). So I feel your pain. My riding buddies sled broke down and we couldn’t get it out until morning. All three of us stayed until daylight. Be careful.

justpinit907

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Interior, Alaska
Were you by chance a Boy Scout? Glad you made it out okay.

No I was never a boy scout. I heard too many stories about the "Scout Leaders" LMFAO!!!! I just have one hell of a grandfather that taught me a lot about the woods. He once crawled into a buffalo in the Delta area when it was about -40* after he killed it in order to warm up before hauling it out on a sled.

Give us an update when you get it back and get it all looked over. BTW, if anything happens to you again can i have dibbs on your truck. LMAO, later bud!

You can have the truck bro. But you have to take the payments too! ha!

No dice today on getting the sled out. I wasn't able to get the wide track to where the Apex is. I'm headed back out tomorrow morning for another attempt with a little more help then I had today.

I
Nov 26, 2007
No dice today on getting the sled out. I wasn't able to get the wide track to where the Apex is. I'm headed back out tomorrow morning for another attempt with a little more help then I had today.

I'm glad you made it out OK but I wish I had read this before heading out today. I had a nasty run in with a creek today riding out solo too...I'm a little beat up and wouldn't be much good on a rescue crew but if you need someone to haul the rope or do a photo shoot I'm there.

Shoot me a PM, I'll check back later tonight. (sleds still on the trailer)

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Glad to hear everything is as good as it is.Thanks for sharing your story some people would not,it gives us all something to think about. Funny how something as simple as an easy way out can turn on you in an instant.:eek:

justpinit907

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Interior, Alaska
Finally got my sled out after two days of work. I don't have the pictures up yet but ICR will appreciate them since I used a Gen II 700 RMK to tow out the SC Apex. Upon further inspection I found quite a bit of carnage from the drop.... Needless to say, I am not happy.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Glad to hear you got it out in one piece and it wasnt stolen.Give us a rundown when you get it all figured out.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
thanks for sharing....which goes to prove the saying, "your best survival equipment is between your ears"....keeping your cool (no pun intended) in a difficult situation, being objective and analyzing your options wisely will overcome most adversities....taking things from your sled that you might need, using some sort of container to take a little gas for a fire starter with you could easily mean the difference between making it and not....every survival situation has its' own unique circumstances, those who are prepared at least at some level and have thought about it beforehand have a significant advantage when the hamburger hits the fan:)

Premium Features