• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mt. Shasta Area

J
Feb 2, 2008
I was up at the ski park earlier and the snow up there was just awesome, hopefully the weather will be clear enough tomorrow to go riding. The ski park is measuring like 230 inches at the top and they had like 2 feet of that yesterday, and its staying cold so its just dry as can be.

N
Dec 7, 2007
The Winter Storm Warning is now in effect until 10 am PST Sunday
above 2500 feet.

Snow will increase over the region today as another potent winter
storm reaches the region. Total amounts of 6 to 12 inches are
expected between 2000 feet and 4000 feet with 1 to 2 feet above
4000 feet from this morning through early Sunday morning. The
period of heaviest snow will be between 4 PM and midnight tonight.

Gusty westerly winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts as high as 50 mph
will likely create very poor visibility and areas of blowing and
drifting snow. The stronger winds will be above 5000 feet and
around Mount Shasta near Weed.

A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.

:D:D:D

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I love all of this snow, I just wish it would clear up one day on the weekend so I can ride.:mad:

Kale

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
Cough, cough.... Hey Kale I think we need to come down with something;) so we can do a weekday ride when the weather is better. I have some where around 300 hrs. of sick time saved up..:rolleyes:

N
Dec 7, 2007
just got off of work at the ski park, and it is dumping!!! we got almost a foot since 8 in the morning. its not blowing to bad up there, but it sure is blowing here in weed.

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Catfreak,
I'm up for a weekday, sick day ride.:D Maybe we can get ol' Jim Lader out for that occasion.

Ski Bum,
Where did you ride today?

Kale

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
do you guys go to deer mtn lodge? Heard good things about the riding there and been thinking of heading up sometime, is it easy to get around or is it better riding with someone who knows the area?

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Deer Mtn is a very good area to ride. The good thing about Deer Mtn. is the un-groomed road system and groomed trails lead you to most of the good riding areas for out of area riders, but this is also a problem because it can get tracked up very quickly. Good boondockin' and you can get into Ash Creek Crater and it's a good climbing area.

There are maps in the warming hut that will be of great assistance.

Let me know when you head this direction.

Kale

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Another weekend and no riding.:mad:

Spent the morning shoveling and snowblowing. Good news is another foot at 3500' and much more up high.:)

Kale

N
Dec 7, 2007
we got 2 feet at the ski park, it was starting to get a little wind packed up on the top, but still very nice. Kale, let me know if you do a weekday ride, and if its not a school day for me, i'll play hooky at work.

N
Dec 7, 2007
went ice fishing today up at castle lake. i tell you what nothing beats fishing, kicking back and highmarking in the same day. it was just a beautiful day!!! sunny, and just awesome. we climbed the face that was on the north side of the lake, and the snow was awesome, actually caught a few fish too:)

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Number9t,

How's your sled running? Sounds like it's working better.

Kale

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great ride today.

We hit Middle Fork, Porquipine Lake, Toad Lake, North Fork, Bear Creek, Little Picyune and back into Middle Fork, in that order, and then back to the trucks. 50 miles of untracked:D boondockin'.

Temps have been warm so snow has settled, but there is lots of it.

Left the camera at home.:mad:

Kale

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Left the camera at home, WHAT! We're doing a trip to the south end real soon. We'll let you know. It'll be a mid week jam with lot's of sun so we'll PM early.

Premium Features