• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ladies Ride

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
I bet my wife would like to tag along but she's a rookie rider and still learning how to ride and do things on her sled. She likes tequila............does that help??;) :D

We like Tequila too, sometimes a little too much! lol!! She'll fit in perfectly!! :tequila;:beer;:tequila;:beer; :D

Actually, this would be a great ride for rookies and newbies alike. We could give pointers on how to ride and what to do if you get stuck. I'm all about education when it comes to riding. :)

Please encourage her to join us!!

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
I think we should let the boys go and carry all the drinks, snacks, extra gas, cameras, and film equipment! :D
Somehow the girls always get that job... :confused:
Wait...that "extra weight" might throw their sleds off. We'd have to stop 12 times so they could change clutch weights, boost, jets, and air intakes! Yeah...we'll go alone. :p

LOL Too true!

Reactions: BLONDZ
B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Awesome comebacks girls (and guys lol)

April 4th ~ ~ ~ Ladies Ride ~ ~ ~ AK Style ;)

C'mon, you know we are going to have a great time!!! ~ whether it be 4 or 20 of us ... it's gonna rock!!

If any of you ladies are interested in "carpooling" I have the 4 place enclosed trailer ~ PM me and we can work out details for hauling sleds/bodies ;)

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
I think we should let the boys go and carry all the drinks, snacks, extra gas, cameras, and film equipment! :D
Somehow the girls always get that job... :confused:
Wait...that "extra weight" might throw their sleds off. We'd have to stop 12 times so they could change clutch weights, boost, jets, and air intakes! Yeah...we'll go alone. :p

Dont worry, I carry extra; Jets, needles, ramps, belts and plugs :D

So does this mean you dont want the wine coolers???

:face-icon-small-ton

:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Dont worry, I carry extra; Jets, needles, ramps, belts and plugs :D

So does this mean you dont want the wine coolers???

:face-icon-small-ton

:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

I was gonna add most of the time I even have the kitchen sink...but is ok....will go ride with the boys instead......and will take the boys to all the cool eureka riding areas....:eek:beer;:beer;J?K....:p

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
Actualy- My wife would love to go. She would have to take the 800 dragon. She has only been out a few times though... Might could use some help....

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Actualy- My wife would love to go. She would have to take the 800 dragon. She has only been out a few times though... Might could use some help....

That's what makes the "all girl ride" awesome for you guys ~ ~ the women that could use a little "help" will learn so much better from a group of women than from you (no offense intended, but some of you guys can intimidate your women or make them feel inadequate) and there are a lot of us that are pretty darn good riders that love to cut loose and have fun and at the same time help work with others in improving thier skills :)

I was gonna add most of the time I even have the kitchen sink...but is ok....will go ride with the boys instead......and will take the boys to all the cool eureka riding areas....:eek:beer;:beer;J?K....:p

Hmmmmm... last time the "big boys" in Eureka went on a "manly" ride without us girls... they ended up having to rebuild a chain case on the top of Heavenly Ridge at midnight with -10 temps.... yeah there were two of us girls that went on the recon mission after a full day of riding (which was fun lol but that's beside the point)

I know you know the "super secret" spots at Eureka ~ ~ and I am sure some of the boys will be close at hand if we go there - - the beauty of a place like that is that the "guys" can go on their own ride and afterwards we can ALL meet up for some fun ... but we have to see what mothernature dishes out over the next few weeks :)

I
Feb 18, 2008
Wasilla Alaska
Mrs. ak49er is very interested. She needs to heal up though. She was run over by a XP 800 yesterday up on Bunco Bump, as she and my good friend decided to hit the same jump at the same time from opposite directions. (always use a flagman)She dove off but caught her boot in the stirrup (bad place for feet when jumping). She took most the impact to the helmet visor, forearm, ribs and pride bone.

On the plus side, Insane got at least another two feet of air off of her so all was not lost. :D

OUCH! Frozenpony Here (Insanes wife) Did you have to make it public that my husband jumped your wifes bones? I might be interested in a ride as well. Your wife is one tough cookie, I would still be in bed. It must have been those Margaritas that fixed her up. If she goes I will. I will try to get Porkchop to go too.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
You there, on the Renegade.....

Frozen Pony? Too hot....um cool?

Yes,so insane jumped her bones, you should see the track marks on her shoulder, back pack, and helmet, makes her get up look all hard core and stuff.

And yes body armor is in the works, we figure it would have prevented 85% of injuries. Ladies, Pony, any recommendations for ladies upper and lower armor?

Attached are pictures of rehab/physical therapy after the physical impossibility of two riders occupying the same launch ramp at the same time.

Apparently fresh P-Ville Pow is more effective than the Margarita Therapy regiment, who knew.:D

The first days regiment was 6-8 inches of fresh Snow, while flexing the throttle muscle.

The second day included 4-7 inches of fresh Snow followed by repetitive deep powder carves just below the treeline. And a couple of mid speed get offs.

The last days treatment was more of reaction test, and was culminated by presenting a large piece of driftwood on the Chulitna River Flood Plain on the way to Baldy (Talkeetna)

Driftwood- 1
Mrs. Ak49er and Sled-0

Also attached is a photo that the dorky A-arm protectors I roll with WILL NOT beef the A-arms too much.

Picture 030.jpg Picture 031.jpg Picture 036.jpg Picture 037.jpg Picture 038.jpg

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I might be able to talk her into going if you decide to ride Petersville, we'll be there that weekend more than likely. We also want to ride Eureka but that won't be until afterwards.

I
Feb 18, 2008
Wasilla Alaska
Frozen Pony? Too hot....um cool?

Yes,so insane jumped her bones, you should see the track marks on her shoulder, back pack, and helmet, makes her get up look all hard core and stuff.

And yes body armor is in the works, we figure it would have prevented 85% of injuries. Ladies, Pony, any recommendations for ladies upper and lower armor?
I like the upper body armor I got at GoPro. I ordered the youth large and it fit me great. I would say I am a size 4 top, I think it would fit the missus fine. I rode in it on Sunday & it felt fine. plus it was only $99 so I saved 30 bucks there too. I don't have any lower gear yet.
My sled is my Frozenpony, you know, because I am such a horse nut.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Ttt

Come on ladies! I know that there are more of you on here than you let on.......April 4th is just 3 weeks away. We want all you gal riders of all riding types & styles to come out and play in the snow ~ Let's go have some "girl time" snow fun!!

Don't be shy!! ;)

Let's just ride!!

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Have you given any thought about doing a meet and greet somewhere in Anchorage or Eagle River so you can all meet beforehand? Would be another good way for you all to meet other female riders. Just an idea.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Ttt

Have you given any thought about doing a meet and greet somewhere in Anchorage or Eagle River so you can all meet beforehand? Would be another good way for you all to meet other female riders. Just an idea.

Thats a great idea! Maybe we should do this Jen & Jen? We could do Moose's Tooth, Chepo's, Jalepeno's in ER, or someplace else??? Whatta ya think?? :D

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK

Is this so we can avoid any possible "catfights" on the mountains :face-icon-small-win

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
That's funny ~ but I actually like the idea. The Friday beforehand is out ~ my babygirl is going to prom plus I'll be busy getting things ready for the ride. We could meet up in Eagle River Thursday night... How about 7pm at Garcias?? We will have our destination by then and we can work out details on travel. :)

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Which Thursday are you looking at Blondz? We got to Garcias quite often so that would work perfect for my wife. I did talk to her about riding with you guys and she really liked the idea of meeting new female riders. Let me know so I can let her know when and what time.

Premium Features