• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KTM300XC Build Project

nw-sickboy

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
Meridian ID
I know I can call but there seem to be some in the know here.... Do they have the billet version ready to ship? Is everyone is just waiting for the Cast version?

I either need to make a carb jacket, install carb heater and cross fingers or just buy one of these.....

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
The 300 fit kit was on back order. It has shipped and the rest of the kit is ready and waiting. Will have it all together and do some gear testing next week whike I wait for the last piece of the build. The Smart Carb. Should be soon. I will post some gearing and tuning vid next week.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Had a delay in fit kit parts.... I pirated a strut rod from another build project that has yet to start. Kit installed, brake bled, rear snow deflector installed, air box and intake done, all adjustments made and gearing swapped. Time for a shake down ride before the Smart Carb arrives. Will vid the test.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Well guys, the shake down went great. It will hold a faster track speed than a stock 450f. We did some follow me video with a 500XCW in 3ft of untouched pow. The 500 has an LT. Dirtrider said he couldn't keep up with the 300 at times to film. And the 300 was breaking trail in the pow! and turning an ST! We all agreed that it is faster in pow boondocking that out 450's. I know, I know... fish stories. :) Also, I wanted to make a rip to the cliffed-out sky line to look into the south fork from the top of the "peak", goat rocks pointed peak! The 300 with a ST was the only bike to put a track on top... We will get more vid. 406 Productions will post a vid of today soon. The time and "details" paid off. Everything from all MRD-6 chain's, to the engine work, to gearing for the max HP in the max track speed combo all added up. It is an absolute hot rod. One more Smart Carb metering rod test and it goes home to a very lucky owner! We will post a vid of that testing as well.

Last edited:
P
Dec 17, 2013
hey guys.. need quick help.. would long track work on my 2013 300? ordered it by mistake..... ..or should I get st track? thanks for answer

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I'd ST it if it were me.

I've been wondering about that. So let's assume that our research is correct and we feel that the LT's (in deep powder situations) float more and are actually easier on the motor than ST's since you aren't full throttle GRRRRing away at the hillside as much. So, given that assumption, couldn't we agree that if the extra weight of the LT isn't an issue and the bike revs out like Randy says it does it should technically be no problem to run the LT and might even be an advantage?

Eh??

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mtn doo , how did the e start work , the ktm 2 strokes tend to suck

Its funny i hear this all the time. I always convert my KTM batteries to the YTZ-7S batts and have never had a problem. My friends that have the 250/300s who also have switched have never had a problem.

I know Slaven oils the case and seals the drain. Not sure how it works

Draxxus

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2009
vancouver
I just ran the bigger battery for the first time in a 4t figured it might be all the 2t was missing , that's why I asked , good to know the 13 helps too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nw-sickboy

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
Meridian ID
I put a LT on my 2011 300 and took it out for the first time last week. This was also my first time on a snowbike. We had an 09 300 with a ST and both bikes are basically stock. The LT was running a 12 tooth drive sprocket and the ST ran a 13T. In my limited seat time the short track felt better. I went with the LT as I never regretted having to much track on sleds.

Time will tell. I just ordred an SX box and Head. If felt like I didn't have the juice to get from 2nd to 3rd. Could be jetting as well.

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
The sx cdi and head will help a lot..I'd like to here more about your long track after the mods!! What I like about the st is lots of track speed in 3rd! Ever seen the roost monster video?? That's all I see when looking back for my buddy's.haha

IMG_20131216_135925.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features