• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation & Review: Yamaha OEM Turbo & MPI Stage One Upgrade

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Plug gap .018 to .020 do to higher pressures.
Picture of snorkel attached. I just made my own. Mine is just a piece of fuel filler hose I got at NAPA cut to fit. I'm pretty sure i saw some were mpi talked about cutting the foam off to provent icing but I just cut some holes in it and with the snokel dont have the icing problem with the filter

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Pyschosled wass strongly suggesting that I swap out the OEM spark plugs and replace them with NGK CR10E when I did the MPI Supercharger Install.

picture.php

Last edited:

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
X 2 on the snorkel

do it now so you don't have to mess with it mid-season

The NAPA hose number that I used was 7496. I am sure others would work too, that is the one they had in stock with the correct diameters. (They just let me go in the back and find the one I wanted)

You will also need a coupler (ebay) and a couple clamps (NAPA)

1-800Oregon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Burns, OR
Just kind of thinking out load but if your doing a turbo which will create heat why would you want to change to a hotter spark plug?

1-800Oregon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Burns, OR
I was backward. Now I see why you would change, as mysledblows said the 10 is a cooler plug.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Alright so we had our first test run Saturday night, and we were unable to get the turbo oil pump to send the oil back down to the engine.

Being warned heavily in the instructions against running longer than a minute we gave it a rest and all went to sleep.

Come Sunday night we used a tool called a power probe to run the pump by its self and then connected it to the power line and the turbo and the pump ran smoothly!

Todays project will be reassembly of the sled and installation of my new Skinz products.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Come January i will be taking the sled apart to upgrade the turbo kit to MPI's Stage one. At that point I will be taking all advice into consideration for add ons. I really appreciate all of your advice and I am keeping a list of everything!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Come Sunday night we used a tool called a power probe to run the pump by its self and then connected it to the power line and the turbo and the pump ran smoothly!

Todays project will be reassembly of the sled and installation of my new Skinz products.

it-lives-academic.png

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
That is correct. By the conclusion of today, MPI's OEM Yamaha kit will be installed and up and running.

I will be riding this Friday and perhaps this Saturday as well. I will bring back pictures, information and let you know how it goes!

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Alright guys the turbo install is complete. I will be posting the pictures and video up this evening. I just wanted to post that it is complete and that the sled seems to be running smoothly...

Now as a note i still have the stage one upgrade to do and winter reports when riding begins.

So this isnt close to being over!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This would look sweat with your new SKINZ seat if you can do the custom fabrication or find out WHO did this original one?

IMG_2001_zpscd3dd097.jpg

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
tuzu8una.jpg

When I was running an under tunnel setup I was using this block off plate. When I put my turbo on I cut out the block off plate so that it perfectly fits around the turbo and then just attached the filter directly to the back if the turbo. Turned out very nice

Sorry I would post a pic but my sled is still all torn apart right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Premium Features