• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age Elevate Spindles

J
Nov 27, 2016
what do you recommend with the fox ligthweight qs3 2021
khaos 155 with elevate spindle
what pressure do you recommend on each shock
my weight is 165 pounds

N
Aug 26, 2018
How did the spindles change the experience? Did you run the ski’s in the middle position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was only able to ride it in open meadows but it definitely was even easier to get on edge. I believe it also got up on top of the snow quicker compared to my stock spindles. I received a call this week that said my Stryker lower control arms should be here this month. Looking forward to installing them as well. Overall I couldn't be happier with what I got out of this kit, combining the chaos conversion with the elevate front end was well worth it to me.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
what do you recommend with the fox ligthweight qs3 2021
khaos 155 with elevate spindle
what pressure do you recommend on each shock
my weight is 165 pounds
I run those exact shocks with the elevate and am pretty much the same size rider (maybe a tad heavier post holiday! lol) Honestly leave them alone and give it a go, i think you will be happy. Maybe add a little more to the rear evol chamber to help keep from bottoming out as the weight bias is shifted slightly more to the rear with the elevate.

Reactions: 715sledUP

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
First ride in and done and all I can say is.........wow!!

The new Khaos is and with the Elevate spindles its even better!! Still in the process of getting shocks dialed in but it just rides "easy". It gets on edge so easy, it's almost like I tell it to go on edge and it does.

Only negative part........I ended the second day riding with a knee injury. :confused: Currently on crutches and had an MRI this morning, so waiting on results.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Mine showed up yesterday. They look amazing. Now just need to get my sled out of the shop so I can install.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I was talking to a guy in instagram, he said the spindles made the khaos feel more pro like? Anyone else get that feeling?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
They are a balance between full Khao and Pro. Is my understanding. Haven’t rode with mine yet.

I would say that's a pretty fair statement. It takes out some of the "poppyness" of the front end but doesn't plant the front end like a Pro. You kinda get the best of both worlds, plus you can play with the low speed setting to really adjust that front end lift.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
hmmm .. ffigured that would be the case .. I got mine installed but haven't ridden it yet... I love the khaos feel, lets see if they end up staying on.. I guess increasing the FTS preload and decreasing the RTS preload would relieve some ski pressure back

I can feel the extra ski pressure just trying to life up the skis to slide garage dollies under ... pretty substantial difference actually...

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
hmmm .. ffigured that would be the case .. I got mine installed but haven't ridden it yet... I love the khaos feel, lets see if they end up staying on.. I guess increasing the FTS preload and decreasing the RTS preload would relieve some ski pressure back

I can feel the extra ski pressure just trying to life up the skis to slide garage dollies under ... pretty substantial difference actually...
From when I rode mine, it's similar to a Pro but still more lively, if that makes sense ?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Just installed my spindles on my khaos, what are you guys using for shock settings?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
1st day on the new spindles, i like them its a nice compromise between a pro and a khaos, and best of all i can actually steer again. The x3 track pushed horribly the added ski pressure helped a ton

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I wish i could write a review.
I have a 155 Khaos and i ride with 163 Pros so, not really apples to apples comparison.

I can say that I am happy with the sled as a whole. It handles very well.

Sent it

Premium Features