• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age Elevate Spindles

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Well they showed up today!! Man, these things are shaaaaweeet!!!

I don't think I can wait and try the stock ones.......LOL, more pics and info to come !!

432d1832e6b5a3ddabb755863c3d992a.jpg

197cb935cb28e0574f624fe5d31d23fe.jpg

bbe5b8451b9b8af0362b289e59d7fcde.jpg

92c6c7ee5973bb57014da59446eaf875.jpg

78be28d12d565e710000737dfb81c784.jpg

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
That we can!

The need for rails on the RMK and not a Khaos is as follows.

AXYS RMK sleds have a more ski heavy design and the rear skid is preloaded forward. This design with just the added spindle height gets very ski heavy, and a habit of trenching because the weight is being carried on the skis and the rear tip of the rails. Overall we would consider this somewhat helpful in some scenarios but overall this is not an ideal configuration. By adding the khaos profile rails, dropping the front skid to the 'assault' hole in the tunnel and the spindles we were able to create a much better balance with the increased height. Still a focused capable machine like an RMK should be but with increased bulkhead/running board height. Because the weight bias of the sled is shifted slightly back it does make it react more to front/back weight transfer then a stock more. It is by no means a Khaos but it does get easier to pop the skis on demand.

Khaos sleds have VERY little ski pressure stock and tend to carry much more weight on the center skid shock. With the additon of just the spindles and minor shock preload settings we were able to create a well balanced sled. The perk of the elevate khaos over an RMK is you get the longer center shock and can keep the skid mounted up in the tunnel resulting in more usable suspension with the same geometry. The multi position limiter strap was added since the OEM and Fox Khaos shocks have additonal length to use. This allowed for guys (especially 162/163/165) to have a super fun and playful sled even in a mountain skid.

Our goal across the board is creating tuneable configurations that can be setup for your specific needs. We know riding style and sled setup can vary drastically so we want to do our best to make packages which can support the broadest range of riders possible.

Greetings Ice age team. - I am going with a Z bro’s front track shock sine I had a z bro’s rear track shock. Should I have ordered it longer then the stock Khaos length to take advantage of the additional adjustments in the Ice Age limit strap? My sled is a 163

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay, got the spindles installed yesterday!! All went good except for one minor issue, one supplied bolt (lower a-arm bolt) had messed up threads. Ended up just using the stock ones and it worked out fine.

Fit and finish is top notch!!! These things are literally a work art and go on with ease!!

Once installed it does the raise the front of the sled 1" which is what others have mentioned, so that is spot on. I also posted up some pics with some comparisons and measurements.

No seat time yet but I'm hoping within the next couple weeks!!

6ad2e9d703a868533ce747b4ee30541b.jpg

e07bffdd6a423f85eaa11b5ff552d2c1.jpg

aab23e4157d82f4ecc32000bbfb17033.jpg

9de2f7b3d7999d44e75f2c4389a67032.jpg

5b8497245019dacbeeef8ad33ed90224.jpg

7e8b6a53a4a01515e97f04f74f5115f4.jpg

73b543d8ce846bf2dcee79daed91a3a9.jpg

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Would like to hear if you noticed any difference after booting the spindles on. Easier to ride?

Well, unfortunately no actual seat time yet.

I did however mess around with putting it on edge just in the garage, stock and with the new spindles and it "might" be a little easier but honestly it's hard to really tell for sure.

I did set ski stance to 37" (center setting) per Ice Age's recommendation. The suggested this as the spindles were designed with this geometry, basically the spindle in the center of the ski vs. to the outside of the ski.

I'm anxious to get out and try it but it might not be until the first part of January now, which kinda stinks but.....oh well.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA

I did however mess around with putting it on edge just in the garage, stock and with the new spindles and it "might" be a little easier but honestly it's hard to really tell for sure.

I did set ski stance to 37" (center setting) per Ice Age's recommendation. The suggested this as the spindles were designed with this geometry, basically the spindle in the center of the ski vs. to the outside of the ski.

I'm anxious to get out and try it but it might not be until the first part of January now, which kinda stinks but.....oh well.

Excited to hear how it goes. Come on out to Washington- I’ve been four times already.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana

your shop is WAAAAAAY TO CLEAN! if my dog seen that he would leave me for sure. hell. can i come lay on your floor?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Greetings Ice age team. - I am going with a Z bro’s front track shock sine I had a z bro’s rear track shock. Should I have ordered it longer then the stock Khaos length to take advantage of the additional adjustments in the Ice Age limit strap? My sled is a 163

i don't want to speak on behalf of ice age or zbroz but i run both of their products... we are talking 1/2" in total extended cc length. you could swap the shock out as im sure z broz would understand. I don't see it being a big enough issue unless you REALLY need more ski lift. With these new 3" tracks and most everyone going for big hp sleds... Getting the skis light shouldn't be an issue. ALSO, as you extend a coil shocks length its shaft strength becomes an issue. Not only to side impacts but in those "big hit" situations. I happen to run a 13.5 zbroz style shock and have found the weak link to be the actual billet end cap/vs cross shaft. i suspect i will replace it with something from Fox with a ti dual rate spring maybe from hygear

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Okay, got the spindles installed yesterday!! All went good except for one minor issue, one supplied bolt (lower a-arm bolt) had messed up threads. Ended up just using the stock ones and it worked out fine.

Fit and finish is top notch!!! These things are literally a work art and go on with ease!!

Once installed it does the raise the front of the sled 1" which is what others have mentioned, so that is spot on. I also posted up some pics with some comparisons and measurements.

No seat time yet but I'm hoping within the next couple weeks!!

6ad2e9d703a868533ce747b4ee30541b.jpg

e07bffdd6a423f85eaa11b5ff552d2c1.jpg

aab23e4157d82f4ecc32000bbfb17033.jpg

9de2f7b3d7999d44e75f2c4389a67032.jpg

5b8497245019dacbeeef8ad33ed90224.jpg

7e8b6a53a4a01515e97f04f74f5115f4.jpg

73b543d8ce846bf2dcee79daed91a3a9.jpg
Do they advise to use the lower bolt hole (Assault) for the Elevate kit?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Curious to hear what difference the spindles made for ya. Easier to ride?
Not sure.
I only put 100mile on the sled last spring and then 2 rides this winter with nothing to compare to.
Hopefully i will ride with a few stock Axys soon to compare.

Sent it

N
Aug 26, 2018
Got out on my 2019 pro rmk with elevate front and chaos conversion rear skid this weekend. First ride on the new Elevate setup with qs3 lightweight fox front shocks and it was great. Felt even easier getting on edge and more playful than stock. Very happy with my investment in this kit both front and rear.

The other two pro rmk axys sleds in the group, one with 39r raptor front end and other with a zbros front end. Both of these front ends are great but not as nimble as the Elevate. To each their own but this is the setup that fits what I like to do on a sled.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Got out on my 2019 pro rmk with elevate front and chaos conversion rear skid this weekend. First ride on the new Elevate setup with qs3 lightweight fox front shocks and it was great. Felt even easier getting on edge and more playful than stock. Very happy with my investment in this kit both front and rear.

The other two pro rmk axys sleds in the group, one with 39r raptor front end and other with a zbros front end. Both of these front ends are great but not as nimble as the Elevate. To each their own but this is the setup that fits what I like to do on a sled.
Did you have a chance to ride with just the Khaos kit? This weekend was the first ride with the spindles? I have a 19 as well in 163" length. Khaos kit is on order and pondering spindles

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Did you have a chance to ride with just the Khaos kit? This weekend was the first ride with the spindles? I have a 19 as well in 163" length. Khaos kit is on order and pondering spindles

Help me out, pls. what is a "Khaos kit" - the rails, limiter strap and shock to gro from a Pro to a Khaos suspension ?

N
Aug 26, 2018
I rode the sled a few times last year with just the rear chaos conversion kit and it was incredible. Turned the sled into exactly what I wanted. Extremly playful when you want it to be, then when you want to climb in the steep stuff, a couple turns of your quick select dials and its back to business up hills.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I rode the sled a few times last year with just the rear chaos conversion kit and it was incredible. Turned the sled into exactly what I wanted. Extremly playful when you want it to be, then when you want to climb in the steep stuff, a couple turns of your quick select dials and its back to business up hills.

How did the spindles change the experience? Did you run the ski’s in the middle position?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We've gotten some direct testimony back to us on the phones and email from customers who have been very pleased as well as coaching some guys getting setups dialed in. We also have a few dealers who have gotten kits to run on personal sleds with good luck and have been helping get customers into kits as well.

Premium Features