• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age Elevate Spindles

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I wasn't able to get the install completed, hopefully late next week.
I can say that the Elevate on my Alpha made it handle better, i expect similar results with this small lift on my Khaos, which feels so planted compared to the Alpha.
Does anyone here have experience painting anodized aluminum?
I'm thinking about painting these Red to match the red on the sled. Not powder coat, just regular high gloss paint.

Sent it
25c8b1e7f4bc8fe2e2bc8e9d6492d7d1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FatDogX

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The A-arm bolts on my 2020 are M10x1.25, the tierods are M10x1.5.

Are all years the same or are some M10x1.5 across the board?16040229000255391314413260969656.jpg

Spec sheet states all 1.5 thread and that's a big no go on my sled.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
They are beautiful works or art, like the cat spindles. Although the Polaris elevate spindles are forged, not billet like the cat. The new forged A-arms look amazing too.

• Angry
Reactions: M8 Cat Attack

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I wasn't able to get the install completed, hopefully late next week.
I can say that the Elevate on my Alpha made it handle better, i expect similar results with this small lift on my Khaos, which feels so planted compared to the Alpha.
Does anyone here have experience painting anodized aluminum?
I'm thinking about painting these Red to match the red on the sled. Not powder coat, just regular high gloss paint.

Can't say I've done anodized, but in general, if you scuff it and use etching primer, you should be able to paint it and get good results. It will chip where the anodized wouldn't, but should hold up pretty well if you keep the coats reasonably thin. I brush painted a pretty rough pair of variable rate springs using plain Rustolium a year ago, and they held up pretty well. For things like suspension components, powdercoating will look better (without a lot of effort on the paint, anyway) and be tougher, but a cheap paint job will sometimes go a lot further than you'd expect. If the results are ugly or it chips and peals badly, you can just strip it off and start over or get it powder coated.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay guys,

I assume install is basically bolt up and go, has anyone had any issues at all?

Also, I really really want to hear feedback, so everyone get out there start doing the Snow dances !!!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Yes, it is a straight up simple install.

The bottom of the spindle has a bit more material compared to the stock spindle and tightens up the ski rubber. The ski doesn't flop around like it does from the factory. She's pretty tall up front. ...
7134b3eff45307110314b48d9223d754.jpg

Note: this is a settled ride height, if i lift the sled its over 14"

Sent it

Last edited:

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Honest question - how is this different from running non-React length shocks in React length a-arms? That also raises the front end (maybe less than the Elevate spindles) and respected people on this forum said that would make the front end feel too heavy. Is there something mechanically different that I just can't figure out? Is it suggested to also raise the rear by switching mount points to the Assault position?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
Honest question - how is this different from running non-React length shocks in React length a-arms? That also raises the front end (maybe less than the Elevate spindles) and respected people on this forum said that would make the front end feel too heavy. Is there something mechanically different that I just can't figure out? Is it suggested to also raise the rear by switching mount points to the Assault position?
Exactly my thoughts.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I did that with my Cat when i went with the narrow front. Everyone told me it would ruin the handling etc... only negative was the tierod hitting the lower A-arm. Which is cheaper, new shocks or Spindles? Definitely spindles.
Now if u don't have a Khaos to start with, it's gonna be expensive either way.

Sent it

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
I didn't measure the spindles but its real close to 1in

Sent it

The spindles themselves provide 1" of lift. There can also be some additonal chassis lift based on shock setup and sag as the OEM configuration 'leans' forward over the front shock a lot and causes what we would consider some excess suspension ride in. As we shift the weight bias rearward slightly it also unloads the springs slightly resulting in a small increase in ride height.

Also for guys measuring and comparing bulkhead heights, remeber different skis play a large role in this with carbide selection and keel depth.

Reactions: summ8rmk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
Keep an eye out for the Alaska and BC boys. Looks like snow has been pounding them and we should see some reviews of products a lot sooner then most places!
I know chad was out Saturday not sure if he rode anything but the stage 4 turbo summit though

We rode 5 feet of fresh Black Friday. ?

snowed 8”in 3 hours while we rode.CD2F55F1-BDD4-4225-BEFB-549FF39EC78C.jpeg
Here’s a buddy breaking in his new turbo doo.

Last edited:
Premium Features