• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How about our great President!!!

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
What is "Murcia"?
And Canadian opinions on American politics are not needed.[/QUOTE

This is the internet "bud". Turn it off if we offend your tender soul.

Hey I didn't ever say it offended me, I just don't know why you canucks are so worried about what's happening in USA. Now go watch some hockey and thaw your pipes.

Last edited:

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
During the presidential campaign, Jeb Bush stated that Trump is not a true conservative. Turns out he was correct. 1.5 trillion adding to the deficit? Where the hell is Rand Paul? And please do some research and learn as to why Bob Corker just changed his mind on the latest tax cut bill and how 13 other republican senators are going to make millions on it. LLC? Real estate?
FYI. This is not tax reform bill. It is a tax cut. I know who is going to benefit and who is not.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I have said multiple times that I had mixed feelings on the tax cuts.
I would be all for it if equal amounts were cut from entitlements.
I feel strongly that cutting spending must comes before cutting taxes.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I know...Right !

Trumps wonderful first 11 months in office, at 24% gain in the DJIA, is second only to Obama's 30% for his first 11 months in office.

Will poor Donnie ever be first at anything, well besides sucking, he's all alone at the top of that list!!!

He might be the first one impeached for obstruction of justice' we will have to wait and see

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I have said multiple times that I had mixed feelings on the tax cuts.
I would be all for it if equal amounts were cut from entitlements.
I feel strongly that cutting spending must comes before cutting taxes.
Well, looks like we have the reverse robin hood action going on in washington. As always. Steal from the poor and give to the rich.

We are all about gutting **** like social programs which actually help people (please spare me the freeloader drivel) while maintaining the most insane military budget in the world.

Our budget is like a person who makes $25k a year and has a loan on a $5million estate and a $100k truck. But insists they have to give up using toothpaste as that is totally unnecessary expenditure but they could not possibly survive without the estate and truck.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Well, looks like we have the reverse robin hood action going on in washington. As always. Steal from the poor and give to the rich.

Ha, ha.
There you go again. Posting totally false statements.

You need to understand just who paid these taxes in the first place.
Your cute little reverse Robin hood analagy totally misses the mark.

That's a very important fact that we all need to remember.....it's our money!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Ha, ha.
There you go again. Posting totally false statements.

You need to understand just who paid these taxes in the first place.
Your cute little reverse Robin hood analagy totally misses the mark.

That's a very important fact that we all need to remember.....it's our money!
I know whose money it is! Legislators keep writing laws to increase tax havens for themselves and those who lobby aka bribe them. This is where my analogy stems from.

I can tell you first hand I am VERY aware of how many loop holes exist in our tax code. I can also tell you the only people I know who take advantage of them are well to do and are able to hire good accountants to bury their money and keep the govt out of their pockets. The average 9-5'er doesn't not dick about taxes and just fills out there 1040 and gets raped by the gov't. I know how this **** works. Wheelhouse isn't my day job, its purely so I can loose money on my taxes. Last year I didn't pay a penny of income tax and barely cleared the poverty line. Crazy for someone with a brand new turbo'd sled right?!

And again I'm fine with social programs. ****s hard out there for a LOT of people, go tour around the rural south or inner cities. If you can say gut social programs after that, you got a colder heart then me.

When the interest on our increased federal deficit is larger then what we are gutting from programs, there is STILL a problem. We are still working in the red. But congress knows this, not like it matters to them if they crash the economy again, doesn't hurt their pension.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I agree with quite a bit of what you are saying.

I know whose money it is! Legislators keep writing laws to increase tax havens for themselves and those who lobby aka bribe them. This is where my analogy stems from.

I can tell you first hand I am VERY aware of how many loop holes exist in our tax code. I can also tell you the only people I know who take advantage of them are well to do and are able to hire good accountants to bury their money and keep the govt out of their pockets. The average 9-5'er doesn't not dick about taxes and just fills out there 1040 and gets raped by the gov't. I know how this **** works. Wheelhouse isn't my day job, its purely so I can loose money on my taxes.

This is why any simplification, regardless of how infinitesimal is indeed a step in the right direction.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Wheelhouse comparing the welfare spending to military budget is out of line. Do you want the war on terror in the USA? Look at gun free zones. I have friends in the military and they are using outdated equipment and other supplies are short in coming. This is from a friend that just spent 9 months in Afghanistan. Most people do not see all the red tape and regulations TRUMP has rolled back. These are going to result in many jobs. In my area lots of construction projects held up because we need to study environmental impact some of these studies were going on for 6 years.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Wheelhouse comparing the welfare spending to military budget is out of line. Do you want the war on terror in the USA? Look at gun free zones. I have friends in the military and they are using outdated equipment and other supplies are short in coming. This is from a friend that just spent 9 months in Afghanistan. Most people do not see all the red tape and regulations TRUMP has rolled back. These are going to result in many jobs. In my area lots of construction projects held up because we need to study environmental impact some of these studies were going on for 6 years.
Its hard to have a war on terror when you don't have a budget to arm your adversaries...

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I believe it was Paul Ryan who stated that a family of four making $50,000 per year will have an annual tax saving of $1400. I think everyone can agree that this is a good thing. But lets see where the excitement fades. A married working couple with two kids. $1400 divided by 52 weeks=$26.92 per week per couple. So each person sees a $13.46 savings on their weekly pay check? So lets do MN Twins player Joe Maur who make 23 Million/year. With the new tax rate, Joe Maur and his wife will see a weekly savings of $4423 per person. How will the couple making $50,000/year see this as making America Great Again? :clock:

Joe Maur saves $4423/week.
Joe Blow? $13.46/week.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Cut EVERYTHING

My Eye, he's out of line. We spend MORE on military than possibly every other country in the world combined. Ok, that may be hyperbole, but probably not too far off the mark.

Get us the He** out of the middle east.
Bring in half the refugees we've created from 17 years of war and nation building. Bring the troops home to help keep everything in line.

Build our economy. Not the middle easts.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
I believe it was Paul Ryan who stated that a family of four making $50,000 per year will have an annual tax saving of $1400. I think everyone can agree that this is a good thing. But lets see where the excitement fades. A married working couple with two kids. $1400 divided by 52 weeks=$26.92 per week per couple. So each person sees a $13.46 savings on their weekly pay check? So lets do MN Twins player Joe Maur who make 23 Million/year. With the new tax rate, Joe Maur and his wife will see a weekly savings of $4423 per person. How will the couple making $50,000/year see this as making America Great Again? :clock:

Joe Blow? $13.46/week.

What's the total tax paid by Joe Maur?
What's the total tax paid by Joe Blow?

J
Jan 15, 2010

Joe Blow? $13.46/week.

That $13.46/week isn’t gonna come close to covering the increase in health premiums due to all the people dropping insurance due to the repeal of the mandate, not to mention increased medical costs to cover care for $13m additional uninsured...

And who cares what the total tax paid by joe maur is? At $20m/year does anyone actually think he will notice a difference? The middle class got screwed.

Premium Features