• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How about our great President!!!

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Just bringing the voice of reason.
You're welcome.
Happy to do it.

For you osama lovers...

When will the libbies get it?

Next I suppose that you're gonna try and tell us that this money belonged to North Korea all along too.:face-icon-small-con

"Voice of Reason" *Posts memes and thinks they're a valid argument*

I guess since we're done with actual discussion, may as well.

8fc3162d32c7e051f086e0b5b18c443365deb6892f3fe5bc6f2677bba3447afd.jpg

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Gotta Say, Trump Surprised me...

So Trump goes behind the backs of establishment republicans to make a deal with Palosi. :face-icon-small-sho
Gotta say, I was a little surprised, and possibly even impressed. Not that I agree with raising the debt ceiling. When was the last time anyone mentioned anything like a balanced budget.

SPEND LESS THAN YOU GET. Then you don't have to borrow more & keep increasing the debt ceiling.

Gee, honey, we don't seem to have enough this month to pay our bills - I Know, Lets get 3 more credit cards!!!:face-icon-small-con

But hey, if Trump can actually get the two sides to speak to each other and pass anything, more power to him. Hard to make things much worse than they have been for the last 20 years.

J
Jan 15, 2010
I agree, but with Harvey and now Irma, that would have been a very tough hand to play.

Cmon mafesto, according to your logic those people chose to live in hurricane alley, shouldn't they be practicing that great 'Murican trait of "self reliance"? Now you are ready to throw tax dollars at em and your great leader is making deals with the devil (democrats). What's next, monkeys flying outta your butt?

Oh yea, 15 billion or whatever they are spending on the hurricanes in this bill alone is a fart in a windstorm when it comes to spending less than you make. It's also a fart in a windstorm compared to what it's actually gonna cost to rebuild... good thing Donny changed the rules so that all that cash can only be spent to rebuild how it was and won't cover upgrades to withstand future storms...

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Cmon mafesto, according to your logic those people chose to live in hurricane alley, shouldn't they be practicing that great 'Murican trait of "self reliance"? .

I agree with you. If you live in an area that can flood, you should either have flood insurance or the means to absorb the hit without insurance.
That much is a simple no brainer.

But there is public structures and infrastructure etc that need to back to operational as soon as possible, as well as the expense of humanitarian efforts during this process, rescue efforts, policing and so on.

We coule have the same expenses following tornadoes, and other areas with earthquakes, seasonal fires etc.
It is one of the times we are all in it together and provide mutual aid.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
So Trump goes behind the backs of establishment republicans to make a deal with Palosi. :face-icon-small-sho
Gotta say, I was a little surprised, and possibly even impressed. Not that I agree with raising the debt ceiling. When was the last time anyone mentioned anything like a balanced budget.

SPEND LESS THAN YOU GET. Then you don't have to borrow more & keep increasing the debt ceiling.

Gee, honey, we don't seem to have enough this month to pay our bills - I Know, Lets get 3 more credit cards!!!:face-icon-small-con

But hey, if Trump can actually get the two sides to speak to each other and pass anything, more power to him. Hard to make things much worse than they have been for the last 20 years.

I'll agree with the theory of paying for what you spend, rather than borrowing. But the idea of the debt ceiling is from a time where the President controlled more of the budget. Now the debt limit is stupid. Congress has already passed the bills that specify the spending. The President has to spend the money on those programs. So hitting and raising the debt ceiling is all on Congress. They're free to pass a balanced budget if they want to.

J
Jan 15, 2010
I agree with you. If you live in an area that can flood, you should either have flood insurance or the means to absorb the hit without insurance.
That much is a simple no brainer.

But there is public structures and infrastructure etc that need to back to operational as soon as possible, as well as the expense of humanitarian efforts during this process, rescue efforts, policing and so on.

We coule have the same expenses following tornadoes, and other areas with earthquakes, seasonal fires etc.
It is one of the times we are all in it together and provide mutual aid.

So according to that logic if you live at all and could get cancer you should have insurance or the means to "absorb the hit". Translation-if you have less than $5 million in the bank you better have health insurance. but you are all for letting people decide whether they want to risk having you pay their bills if they get cancer cause they are young and strong and one is gonna tell me to git insured... I hope you understand the hypocrisy of your conflicting positions.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
So according to that logic if you live at all and could get cancer you should have insurance or the means to "absorb the hit". Translation-if you have less than $5 million in the bank you better have health insurance. but you are all for letting people decide whether they want to risk having you pay their bills if they get cancer cause they are young and strong and one is gonna tell me to git insured... I hope you understand the hypocrisy of your conflicting positions.

I've left poop stains that made more sense than that post.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I didn't think you could comprehend your own hypocrisy... oh well. Gotta commend ya on the trumpian response though-"it's bad about me, deflect and insult fast before trying to understand "...

No, it's just that your premise is so incorrect that it makes a conversation impossible.

Premium Features