• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me Build the "PERFECT" SnoWest Snowmobile trailer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Dual flood lights on the side of the trailer
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and an LED entry light over the door.
picture.php

Reactions: Scott

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Interestingly the trailer comes with ONE little side marker light just over the wheels. Had I known this I think I would have had them install a few more of these along the sides just to more clearly outline the trailer.
picture.php

Reactions: Scott

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
[FONT=&quot]Christopher.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your trailer is the main trailer profiled on this.
Rob.[/FONT]

Nampa company featured on Fox Business Network

NAMPA — A Nampa trailer manufacturer will be featured on the Fox Business Network’s Manufacturing Marvels.

Mirage Enterprises, which has been in Nampa since 2003, will have a short vignette on the segment, which runs Thursday between 8:30 and 8:40 p.m. local time, sales manager Dena Roberts said.

Roberts said the network contacted Mirage about the feature and filmed for six hours in Nampa.

Manufacturing Marvels highlights American manufacturers, their products, processes and customers in two-minute pods, according to the show’s website.

Mirage makes a full line of trailers including enclosed, utility and RV trailers. It’s located at 2212 Industrial Road.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I actually like the coat hooks on the ceiling. THAT could be a smart idea too.

reva3ene.jpg

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon

I like the ceiling hooks, I was referring to using the heat valves as a coat hook. I would have someones knuts if that were my trailer.

I actually bought some spring loaded ones for the ceiling in my trailer but soon realized I was tall enough that a coat might not be the only thing getting caught so I have left them out so far.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Oh, I am LEARNING fast just what needs to be added to the trailer.
#1 item, CEILING HOOKS to hang all clothing to dry out.

#2 item, BIG FAN to circulate air from front to back and from top to bottom.

Trailer has a wicked thermocline in it and we need some air moving around to solve that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
Oh, I am LEARNING fast just what needs to be added to the trailer.
#1 item, CEILING HOOKS to hang all clothing to dry out.

#2 item, BIG FAN to circulate air from front to back and from top to bottom.

Trailer has a wicked thermocline in it and we need some air moving around to solve that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

I have one of these, they are wicked. You can rotate them to blow along the floor, point 45 degrees or straight up.

261162.jpg

http://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/ja...mpaignId=T9F&gclid=CJCp-e2K1LwCFUOVfgod_AEAeQ

Reactions: christopher

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, the photos of the ice made it look like a big deal.
Reality was, it all came right off with a couple good wacks of my glove.
Had absolutely NO impact on anything other than looking really wild!

I LOVE this trailer.

I just can't say how nice it was to have a WARM trailer every day at Togwotee and sleds that were MELTED out every morning!

I ran my little Honda eu2000 for a few hours every day to make sure the trailer batteries stayed at 100% charge, and ran the furnace in the trailer for a good 6 hours every day to keep everything melted.

I think with some better air circulation inside of the trailer getting the hot air DOWN from the ceiling to the floor the melting would have been even better. Will be working on that for the very next trip.

Reactions: swikertrob

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Continuing on with my review.

Lets cover the TRAILER HEATER next.

Last weekend I spent 4 days at Togwotee Mountain Lodge and had a chance to run the heater for many many hours!!

The heater sits in the front right corner of the trailer mounted to the ceiling.
picture.php

It has two rotatable vents on the front which can be turned to blow air in any direction OR closed off entirely to force more air pressure into the rear ducts
picture.php

It also has an identical duct on the right side next to the door.
Trailer air is recirculated through the black grill
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ducted Hot air runs over the doorway and first arrives at the Boot Dryer.
The boot dryer passes LOW pressure hot air through many small holes.
This works quite well on Boots, Gloves, Helmets and Balaclavas!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The heater is rated at 30,000 BTUs and is powered by 12volt DC coming from the in floor batter and runs on 2 external tanks of Propane that are mounted on the tongue of the trailer.

The tanks are well mounted on the trailer tongue directly behind the jack and covered with an insulated zip on cover.
picture.php

Access to anything other than changing the bottles out can be done with the cover still in place.
picture.php

With the cover off, the bottles are fully accessible for replacement or filling.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While I found the two 5 gallon bottles to be sufficient for a long weekend, Mirage told me that the support structure can also handle the next size larger bottles as well as the lockdown bars have two notches on each side to accommodate the wider bottles.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the base that the bottles rest on is clearly wide enough as well.
picture.php

picture.php

Premium Features