• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me Build the "PERFECT" SnoWest Snowmobile trailer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Have you every considered putting a electric crank on the front? I ordered mine with one and it sure makes hitching up easier.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Have you every considered putting a electric crank on the front? I ordered mine with one and it sure makes hitching up easier.

Over the yeasts me dad and gpa have had 6-7 different trailers with electric cranks up front. It seems like half of them rarely worked for different reasons. I didnt opt for that on my trailer so I didn't have to mess with it.

What the capacity on the new bottles Christopher?

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Maybe I'm lucky but I've had them on two different trailers now without a single problem. As an additional theft deterrent I can turn off the power to the electric motor from the inside of the trailer, which makes it difficult to hitch when it can't be raised or lowered.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I asked for one to be installed and mirage strongly suggested against it, so I took their suggestion and stuck with the crank

Reactions: Scott

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The locks and latches on the entry and exit ramps on the trailer.

picture.php

picture.php

Very easy to operate and locks with a simple twist of the key
picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The next item I want to address is the jackstand on the front of the trailer.
picture.php

There is nothing particularly remarkable about this crank.
Its strong, its smooth, it works just fine.
This is a big trailer so they have it geared pretty far down, meaning it take a LOT of cranking to raise and lower the tongue.

And there is nothing special about the foot either.
picture.php

picture.php

BUT..
When I am removing the trailer hitch from the ball on my truck I have to crank this bad boy UP pretty high, and that makes it "Feel" unstable when the trailer is just sitting there.

Not really sure where to go with this comment.
Its NOT like it has any impact on anything at all.
But the jackstand is TALL and the tongue is pretty far up in the air as I pull away and just doesn't feel super stable. Of course the first thing I do is LOWER the tongue back do to level the trailer and keep equal pressure on all 4 tires and then its a non issue again....

Like I said, just an odd comment.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just beneath the front ramp entrance is a hinged sheet of Diamond Plate that pivots and protects the main front ramp hindge from being blasted by road grime.

This is a REALLY NICE feature!

picture.php

In the DOWN position ready for travel
picture.php

picture.php

Reactions: Scott
T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
Installed one of these on our trailer in the fall, has been working great so far.

http://www.huskytow.com/product/brute-power-jack-hb4500r/

Brute Power Jack HB4500R

THE FIRST ELECTRIC TONGUE JACK WITH WIRELESS REMOTE AND SMARTSTOP™

Brute-HB4500R_SmartStop_and_Remote-fade-300.jpg

We call our HB4500 power jack the Brute for good reason. It has the brute strength to lift your trailer tongue safely and with a lot less effort, and the brute toughness to do it time after time, year after year.

The Brute features a wireless remote control, which allows you to control the operation of the jack, while monitoring the front-to-back leveling of the trailer, from up to 40 feet away. In addition, Brute features weather-protected switches and a convenient Connector Storage Bracket to store and protect the trailer’s cord end from the elements.

A 6-inch adjustable drop down leg provides extended adjustment for a variety of terrains. The Brute also features a full 2-1/4″ main tube, which is designed to fit most A-frame couplers. The Brute’s motor is powerful and efficient, providing a full 4,500 pounds of continuous lifting capacity, which is an excellent benefit when setting up weight distribution hitches. In addition, Brute’s moderate gear reduction produces a

fast travel speed of 10 inches in as little as is 38 seconds, with a full range of 18 inches.

Lift efficiency is also aided by the Brute’s ball screw design, which reduces friction with ball bearings that roll through the threads on the Brute’s shaft and nut, which means the motor works less, draws less amperage, creates less heat and produces less noise. The ball screw design greatly increases motor and jack life.

Brute’s SmartStop technology senses the limits of the jack’s range and shuts down the motor without the hard mechanical stop common with other units. Plus, a 3-Sided LED Light System illuminates the entire working area, including the hitch head and weight distribution brackets on the A-frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: christopher

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Exterior Lighting.

One of the important things I wanted on this trailer was LOTS of light inside and Outside so I could get plenty of use out of it at NIGHT!

The basic trailer comes with a single LED lightbar on the front and rear ramp.
I had them double that.
picture.php

The amount of light these LED Bars give off is SURPRISING.
Had I known, I would have had several more of them installed along side of the trailer as well!
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
On the side of the trailer, under the awning, I had two large incandescent non-directional "Scare" lights installed. These act as a pleasant flood light that bounces off the overhead awning nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
When I ordered my trailer I opted to not have any ski glides installed. I bought four pairs of ski boots instead. Now I'm changing my mind and an contemplating installing some glides. Anyway, I'm just curious of what the advantage is of having the entire ramp covered with the glides?

Reactions: christopher

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The idea was to make sure when I was WALKING on it, or any of my 4 kids or Wife, that there was ZERO CHANCE of them slipping.

To many past cases of one of us slipping on the ramp when it was WET or covered with Snow/Ice.

Also ensures that no matter what we are driving up the ramp, Sled, Motocycle, Quad, RZT ect, we will have full traction.

Make no mistake about it.
I absolutely LOVE the SuperClamp SuperGlides.!!!!
8282287.jpg

2Q==

Last edited:

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
That makes sense, I didn't realize that the glides had better traction than the OEM trailer surface.

Premium Features